Chapter 58

Jack's POV

"You wanna tell me what just happened and why I think we're down a singer for tomorrow's show?" Rian came in the the back of the bus where I had just sat down on the ground. Alex and I have had our disagreements before, and plenty of them, but never of this magnitude.

"I snapped. He keeps bringing Rachel into the conversation at any moment, and i voiced my opinion on it...I probably shouldn't have."

"Maybe things got too tense and heated, but Jack I think if you kept it in any longer you would have exploded with even worse things to say."

"Its not that I don't like her, cause I do! She's fun and pretty and she makes him happy. Its just...too much. And its too much cause I'm alone. They don't seem to really notice it" I spilled my thoughts to Rian. He gave me some advice on how I should handle the situation and I took his words into consideration. I wanted to be alone though, so when he left the room, I sat alone on the ground.

Alex's POV

From: Rachel. Skype me in 5 minutes, I wanna talk to you about something! See if any of the guys wanna talk too!

I sighed at the text I had just received but texted back Okay :). I didn't want Rachel to know that Jack and I were fighting with her being a big part of the argument, so I'll have to put on a smile.

I had to return to the tour bus in order to skype Rachel from my laptop. I walked in and Rian was watching tv in the front lounge. I kept to myself as I grabbed my laptop and waited for Rachel to call. Not too long after, her name appeared on the screen and after accepting the call, her face appeared.

"Hey honey" I said lovingly.

"Hi! Oh it's just you around?" she questioned.

"Uh yeah, well Rian is here as well..." I turned my laptop so she could see Rian a few feet away from me. He waved at the screen and I turned it back towards my face. "Oh I knew that. Rian and I had a little chat actually."

"Really? What about?"

Rian had walked over and sat down beside me on the couch.

"He told me that you and your best friend were fighting. Pretty bad actually. And I dont want that to happen, especially when I'm the subject of your fight" she said sternly.

"Rach, it wasn't because of you-"

"Bullshit Alex, I believe what Rian told me."

"Jack get over here!" Rian called out.

Jack came into the room, head down and not making eye contact with anyone. He sat on the other side of Rian and Rachel told me to turn the laptop so she could see the 3 of us.

"Now listen. I dont want to have to sound like a god damn mother here, but you two have made me pissed off. Jack and Alex you have been best friends for forever and when I hear that I'm the reason that you two are fighting, I got angry. Alex, you need to be more aware of Jack's feelings. Jack, you need to respect Alex and I being together. I cant stand being the reason why you guys are mad at each other. So smarten the fuck up, apologize...truly apologize to each other, and you can call me once you've resolved this issue." Rachel angrily scolded us then ended the call the second she was done speaking.

It got quiet in the room and a feeling of tension was felt by everyone.

"You heard the woman, talk" Rian said as he got up and left the bus.

It was quiet again, something that was rare between Jack and I.

"I dont hate her, you know" Jack spoke up.

"I know that" I replied.

I had a feeling that none of us really knew what to say, we just both wanted this to be over and back to normal.

"So if you dont hate her...why do you get upset when I talk about her?"

"Alex, you know me. Sure i'm not really one for relationships, I'm perfectly fine with one night stands and month long flings. But...I don't know. You and Rachel, Rian and Cassadee...you both have it really good. Its jealousy and self pity."

"I understand Jack. I apologize for not realizing this sooner. I'm gonna be more aware of how you feel" I gave him a pat on the shoulder "And I'm sorry for what I said before. It's not your fault she's not on tour with us. She respects our friendship so much that she wants it to remain the same."

"I get it. I'll be less of a downer."

"I guess we gotta get you a girl" I playfully said to Jack. The mood already lightening in the room.

"Yeah I guess" he laughed back. "Did you mean what you said before?...About wanting to marry her?" Jack questioned with a slight smile.

I let a smile peak through as I fiddle with my fingers, "um, maybe. I think so. I could really see it happening one day."

Jack grabbed me in a headlock and I laughed "I'm happy for you man."

I was thankful that Jack and I made up. I was even more happy that I now had another step of mine and Rachel's relationship in mind. I had lots of things to keep my mind occupied now.