Chapter 61

A/N: Okay I definitely didn't expect the story to get this long. I promise we're entering the final stretch if anybody is still into the story at this point. I just wanted to make note that I'll be writing as if Don't Panic already had all the extra songs that were released with Don't Panic It's Longer Now, but just as bonus tracks. So all the acoustic songs, Love Like War, etc. were just added as B-side's.

——————————

Rachel's POV

Wednesday April 19 2017

Dont Panic was definitely the album that the guys needed to release after Dirty Work. They weren't thrilled with the songs from the previous album, as well as the fans reactions weren't as exciting, so I'm glad they decided to jump into a brand new record not too long after.

Once Cassadee and I were on board to be involved with the album, the guys booked their time in a studio, not surprisingly to me that they booked their time at the studio I worked at. I cant wait until we could see another All Time Low record hanging on the walls there.

—————

I walked into the building by myself on a Tuesday morning where the guys would eventually meet up with me to continue with their recording today. We had been working for 6 days so far and it was a long and slow process. Myself being a perfectionist, I wanted everything to be right.

"You look very happy today" Emma remarked as I walked in holding my favourite drink from Starbucks in hand, along with a peanut butter cookie from the batch I made yesterday. Bringing an extra cookie for her, I happily handed her one.

"Could you tell?" I joked with her as I stopped off at her desk to chat.

"So, hows it been with the guys? Are you making them sound good?"

"Its a tough job, they sound like shit!" I laughed and fiddled with the chain around my neck.

"Oh thats new!" Emma stood from her chair and held the pendant on the chain, "when did you get this?"

"I havent shown you this?" I asked as she played with the silver starfish in her hand, it had a few small diamonds on the tips of each starfish arm, "Alex got it for me when we were in Hawaii way back in December. I saw it at a gift store on the resort and wanted it so badly." I grinned and looked up at Emma who had a cheeky grin on her face too, "what?"

"Nothing, I'm just happy that things are great with you two. I hated seeing you that time when things weren't that good."

"Yeah, everything is great now. That stuff is buried far in the past" I smiled and thought of how good Alex and I had it. It seemed like ever since that time where things fell apart for us, our relationship got stronger in the end when everything was made up for. I returned from my slight daydream, "Anyways, I have to go set up for them. They'll be here soon, see you later Emma."

"You know I'm expecting an invite to the wedding!" she called out to me as I walked away from her. Laughing, I said "for sure!" before I disappeared into the room we would be working in.

——————

Alex's POV

"So I'll paint you wings....and I'll set you free!...So you could fly awaaaay!" I sang my heart out into the microphone in front of me. Tugging at the ends of my shirt, I held the last note of the song.

Once I was done, I looked over to the other room where my band mates sat along with Rachel who was commanding the sound board. I was pleasantly surprised by the reaction I saw. All the guys were clapping towards me enthusiastically and high fiving each other, saying a few words back and forth which I couldn't hear from the small vocal recording booth. I exited the booth and walked back into their room. The applause was heard as soon as I opened the door to the room, I guess they really liked my voice!