Chapter 25

Rachel’s POV

“So how long is this tour? And where are you touring anyway?” I asked Alex in a rational tone. 

I didn't realize that I fell totally asleep on the floor with the dogs last night. I was meaning to go upstairs with Alex eventually but I slept right through the night. I was woken up not too long ago by Alex with bacon, eggs and orange juice being shoved in my face.

“Just under 2 months. And the first month we’ll be doing the U.S, then we go to Europe and the U.K for the remainder of it.”

I nodded at him, now more sad than upset about the tour, “cool. I’m happy for you guys.”

“Can I just say I’m sorry for screwing up again?”

I put down my piece of bacon, “Alex, its fine you didn't screw up.”

“No, I did. And I’m sorry. I realize that these things affect you as much as it affects me and the band. And we’ve been planning this tour for a few weeks…we should have told you.”

I sighed and gave him a small smile, “apology accepted. Just tell me next time?”

“No problem.”

After breakfast, I had packed my few things that was at Alex’s, and then hung out with Alex until about 2:00. We drove around the city to no particular destination with the windows down and music loud, then we got ice cream, and finally we walked around in a nearby park for a few hours. It was great spending time with someone you really care about just doing whatever came to mind. Although, during our walk in the park, Alex had to leave for about half an hour because apparently his dog walker lost the spare key to Alex’s house…so I just sat there by myself.

——————

“See ya later!” Alex yelled out to me and honked his horn twice as I unlocked my door. I waved back to him and he drove off.

I brought my overnight bag back upstairs into my room before I started cleaning a bit…dust was starting to show and I was not cool with that. Once I entered my guest room though, something was out of place. Actually, a dress, bra, underwear, and a pair of my flats were out of place, yet, in place. They were neatly positioned together on the guest bed with a note on top of the dress.

Hey,

I wanna take you out for dinner tonight before I leave.

If that’s alright with you?

I thought that this outfit looked nice… I’ll pick you up at 6.

See you then,

-Alex <3

“That’s why he left today…” I said aloud to myself. I appreciated Alex’s effort into picking out an outfit for me, in fact, the outfit looked really nice together. And I was even more impressed that he didn't manage to lose my spare key yet. I grabbed my phone and texted Alex a simple “yes” as a reply.

———————

“God dammit! No! Not now!” I was frustrated as I struggled with my dress zipper. Smart me over here got it stuck in the fabric of my bra and since I cant exactly see it very well from the back, it was quite the dilemma.

Knocks were heard on my front door, “shit.” I mumbled to myself knowing that it was Alex.

 I yelled “come in!” loud enough for Alex to be able to hear outside, then heard my door unlock and open.

“Where are you?”

Still no luck with the zipper, I replied “I’m in my room.”

“Okay, I’ll wait down here then”