Chapter 10

Rachel’s POV

Friday February 7 2014

Another week had gone by and I had to say, it was pretty amazing. Work went well and I had nothing to complain about. My life at home was also normal, between still organizing the new things in my house to editing songs, I kept myself busy. Also, I had seen Alex everyday on the train, except for today, he probably had the day off from work and didn't go to his friends house. Well, I’m excited for our plans on Sunday, I hoped he was too. We’re expecting heavy snow tomorrow, which I’m not so thrilled about. I like the snow when it’s covering a nice open field and backyards, not when it involves shovelling and icy conditions. I think I’ll just be hanging around the house tomorrow…

——————————

Saturday was a mix of boring and more boring. It had snowed all day and the one thing I didn’t wanna do was stay all cooped up in my house the entire day, but, sadly that had to happen. I liked the snow, but only when it wasn’t heavy. The only time I had actually exited my house that day was to shovel my driveway and sidewalk three times, which obviously wasn’t that fantastic. So clearly, Saturday was kinda a bummer day.

But, today, was Sunday, aka the day I get to hang out with Alex again. I was extremely stoked for that. I could see us becoming really close and liked the thought of that. He was sweet, funny, and not to mention attractive, so there was always this part of me that wanted to impress him. 

It was nearing around 2pm, and I was editing some of the songs from the week, but at a slow pace, I just wasn't feeling the whole ‘work’ thing today. I had my chunky headphones on, plugged into my computer, so I couldn't hear pretty much anything else in my house, but I felt my phone vibrate on my desk. I took off my headphones and grabbed my phone, seeing that it was only a text. 

From: Alex

Hey, just making sure you remembered our plans for today.

Oh god, you did remember, right?!?!

Well I’m hoping you did cause I plan on being at the coffeeshop at 4:00 and you better be there too. See ya later! 

I smiled at my phone. Even over text messages he was being a joker and I loved that. I replied back to him:

Oh how could I forget about hanging out with the ONE AND ONLY Alex Gaskarth from All Time Low. Can’t you hear me squealing like a 12 year old at a Justin Beiber concert from your house? Haha, I’ll see you then.

I thought I’d call it quits on working for today and begin getting ready.

I was showered and clothed, well, not in clothes, no I was currently just in my bra and panties, thinking of what I should wear. I stressed about it for about 10 minutes frantically looking for something less casual than what I usually wear, and then thought to myself “Alex already seems to like me for me, which doesn’t happen really often with men, so I should just dress as I usually do…casual.” I settled on a pair of my skinny jeans and a Mayday Parade shirt I got from one of their concerts, along with a simple cardigan on top. After I was done everything it was just past 3:00 so I laid on my couch on the main floor for a bit, half watching tv and half on tumblr on my phone. By the time 3:40 came around, I was heading out the door, to the train station, since it didn't take long to get to the coffeeshop from Alex’s stop.

Alex’s POV

I was on the way to the coffeeshop, walking extra carefully as the sidewalks were pretty slippery from the snow yesterday which had frozen into ice in some patches. I was so excited that I was gonna be seeing Rachel again and just hang out for as long as we could handle each other. I had my favourite playlist playing on my phone including some of my favourite bands like New Found Glory, Alkaline Trio, and Anti-Flag which made me even more stoked for today.