Chapter 55

Rachel's POV

"Are you ready to go?" Alex called out from the bottom of the stairs up to me.

"Just a sec, I need one more thing!" I replied back from inside my home studio on the second floor.

"We gotta get to the train in 10 minutes!"

"Yeah, okay, I'm done!" I quickly shoved some equipment into a bag and flew down the stairs. Alex and I would have to speed walk to the train tonight.

Luckily we made it with a minute to spare and sat in two empty seats. Not that a lot of people took the train at 8:45 at night.

"Rian texted me 10 minutes ago, him and the guys are already there. Just waiting for us." Alex informed me.

"Sorry, that was my fault, but I wanted to choose the perfect guitar pedal for you and Jack to use on Forget About It" I apologized, rummaging through my bag to make sure I didn't forget it in the mess of all the other stuff I had brought.

"It didn't help that I refused to wear pants around you and distracted you" he added.

"And for the 13th time, you have to keep your pants on in the studio. We've all seen your bulge one too many times" I said sarcastically.

Not too long after, we had exited the train at our stop, and after a short walk we arrived at the studio.

"It's about fuckin time" Jack said with a tone of distaste as Alex and I entered the studio.

"Dude chill, we just decided to get here early" Zack replied.

"Yeah and technically we couldn't get into the building until 9pm, and look it's," Alex looked at his watch, "9:03pm."

"Three minutes later than we're supposed to start" Jack retorted.

"What's his deal?" I mumbled to Alex as I walked past him on my way to set things up. Tonight we were recording guitars for a few songs with both Jack and Alex. And Jack being in a bitchy mood wasn't exactly how I wanted things to go tonight.

——————

A few hours into the session, and things were going just ok. Alex had no problem recording his guitar part of the song, and now I was currently working with a not-so-smiley Jack. Rian had invited Cassadee to come sit in on the recording so they were observing from the couch and Zack was texting a girl he had recently met at an Orioles game. Everyone kind of minding their own business as I dealt with Jack.

"Jack, do you think you can replay that last verse please? And can you crank up your guitar volume for me please? It was too quiet this past time" I instructed Jack politely. Carefully watching my words around him tonight.

But he seemed to have a short temper, "fine. I'll crank it to 10! Is that loud enough for you now Rachel?"

He aggressively strummed his guitar, I immediately had to lower the volume on the sound board.

Swallowing my pride, I cautiously told him that it was better this time and to start playing.

He seemed to be a bit more calm this time as he played. We continued on with the song, and I let out a sigh of relief. Maybe it was just a minute of momentary anger before. It was obviously easier to get stuff done when your clients were in good moods, only making my job easier.

Alex saw me finally release the tension I had built up inside of me and relax into my chair, smiling as he put his arm around me.

But of course, the second that I had relaxed, Jack had looked up at me and tossed his guitar on the floor. Luckily not too hard, so no damage was done.