Chapter 54

(A/N: slight trigger in this chapter. mentions of panic attack)

Saturday March 15 2016

Theres a reason the phrase "don't blink or you'll miss it" exists, because it's as if I blinked and we were already into March. And the band were on their way with their new album! After their last tour of the Nothing Personal promotion tour that ended about a month ago, All Time Low had switched over record labels. Interscope promised them a bigger budget for the album and better promotion deal than Hopeless could afford, so they joined the new label, hoping that they would guide them in a good way for their music. The guys had major success with Nothing Personal and they were hoping that Dirty Work would bring them even more.

The band was still in the early stages of the album. They were just finishing up writing songs with some of Interscope's producers, so we hadn't even started recording yet. Alex had even included me in the writing of one song called I Feel Like Dancin. It was a goofy song, definitely different than some of their other songs like Therapy and Lullabies.

——————

Alex's POV

Interscope had flown the band out to LA to write songs with them at their headquarters before we would head back to Baltimore to record.

I had brought my girlfriend along with us because I claimed that I needed her inspiration. Also, I figured she would like some time away from home. Technically, she did seem to help me while I was writing, occasionally pitching in ideas and lyrics, but I just wanted her to be with me. Today also happened to be the mark of her and I being together for 2 whole years.

"Hey babe, this song's gonna be on the album. What do you think of it?" I asked for her input, grabbing her away from her laptop and setting her on my lap.

"Hey! I was in the middle of an email!" she whined. She had also started helping out with band stuff while we were out in LA, just another reason to keep her with us.

"Oh come on, this is more important" I retorted.

She turned to the computer and turned around back to me after reading the song title and grinned. The song I wrote about her a while ago, A Daydream Away, was finally going to be on an All Time Low album.

"I love it" she whispered and pecked my lips softly.

I heard someone clear their throat. I looked and saw that it was Jack. He was a kidder with mine and Rachel's relationship, always saying for us to get a room and telling us that he's gonna vomit when we spend so much time together.

I shook my head jokingly and told Rachel that she should get back to her work.

———————

A few hours later, we were all in the house Interscope rented out for us preparing a dinner for the 5 of us. While Zack and Jack took care of the cooking of our food, Rian, Rachel, and I rested in the backyard soaking up the LA sun. Rian currently on the phone with Cassadee, and Rachel texting a friend of hers. I was on instagram posting a photo from a few months back. I was happy that our band had the opportunity to tour in different countries and was missing it. After typing in a caption and adding the hashtag #tbt, not minding the fact that it was a Saturday, I posted it.

I walked over to Rachel a minute later, sitting beside her on the grass. "Hey I think you should check instagram. I saw something you'd probably like on Mark Hoppus' page."

"Yeah?" I nodded back, "was it recent?" She fiddled on her phone.

"It was posted just now, it should be the first picture when you open the app up."