-𝘛𝘰𝘳𝘵𝘶𝘳𝘦 𝘗𝘵.2-

𝗪𝗮𝗿𝗻𝗶𝗻𝗴𝘀: 𝗠𝗶𝗹𝗱 𝗹𝗮𝗻𝗴𝘂𝗮𝗴𝗲, 𝗳𝗶𝗴𝗵𝘁𝗶𝗻𝗴
*𝗦𝗲𝘁 𝗶𝗻 1𝘀𝘁 𝗣𝗲𝗿𝘀𝗼𝗻*

𝗪𝗮𝗿𝗻𝗶𝗻𝗴𝘀: 𝗠𝗶𝗹𝗱 𝗹𝗮𝗻𝗴𝘂𝗮𝗴𝗲, 𝗳𝗶𝗴𝗵𝘁𝗶𝗻𝗴*𝗦𝗲𝘁 𝗶𝗻 1𝘀𝘁 𝗣𝗲𝗿𝘀𝗼𝗻*

__________________________________

A few days after I saw Tony at the graveyard, I was on the way in my car to a sight where the Winter Solider had been spotted. It was very stressful because if someone saw me in my suit it would be all over the news and I would be tracked down. The reason I faked my death was because if I stayed I would be putting them all in terrible danger from Hydra. Anyway, enough about, that I've finally arrived in the market area and slipped an ankle-length coat on so nobody would recognise my suit. I got out and slowly started walking around the stalls, keeping my head low.

A gunshot suddenly went off as screams flooded the market making me throw my coat on the floor and run over to the noise. He was facing the other way so I took my chance and shot him in the back then jumped on his shoulders, knocking him out with my elbows. In the distance I could see the Quinjet with Tony flying next to it "Time to go.." I mumbled, dragging the Winter Solider as fast I could to my car, shoving him in the boot and handcuffing him. I shut the door as the Quinjet landed and the first face I saw was Natasha "Where did he go, there's blood all over the floor-!" She yelled, looking around. I forced myself into the car and accidentally slammed the door, making all of them look up. "What the hell?!" Clint yelled, confused why a civilian was in such a rush. Of course as I was driving off on the bridge Steve's shield hit the glass, making me duck my head and Tony shot the wheels. "Shit.." I mumbled, clambering into the back. My heart was racing I couldn't find my mask but I saw a missile coming straight for us so I kicked the car door, making it fall off the bridge.

We landed in the water with a thud and water filled the car as we sunk. I grabbed Bucky and swam up to the surface, climbing onto the sandy rocks. He then woke up, coughing up water although still mind controlled. "Ugh just sleep would you!" I whisper yelled as the Avengers were still above us so I knocked him out again. "Tony, go check the waters below!" Thor yelled, loud as usual. Time to make my move, I grabbed onto Bucky and went to shore however I was obviously spotted. "THERE!" Wanda yelled. "Today sucks!" I groaned. "Stop there!" I heard a voice yell from behind me. I held my breath, not daring to speak. "Turn around!". Slowly, I shook my head and through a smoke bomb on the ground, making a run to a motorcycle. I didn't have any keys so I put the Winter Solider on the back and kicked it a few times, making it start. The motorcycle wasn't the easiest to control, however I got the hang of it and sped off to my forest house.

I locked the door and tied the Winter Solider to a chair and headed to the kitchen whilst waiting for him to wake up

I locked the door and tied the Winter Solider to a chair and headed to the kitchen whilst waiting for him to wake up. There was a packet of macaroni left so I put it in the microwave and chugged down a glass of water until I heard grunting. Finally, he was awake. "How am I supposed to know your not mind-controlled anymore?" I ask, walking in. "You faked your death to protect those you love, right? Well what if I was doing the same thing all along.." The Winter Solider explained. "To..so...when....Bucky?" I ask slowly. He nods "That's me, James Buchanan Barnes, however how do you know my name?". "Steve Rogers, I'll take you to the avengers, they'll help you, but I need a disguise" I inform him, untying him from the chair and handcuffs. "You know, after a long time of being The Winter Solider, I've learnt that it's best to fight back with the ones you care about, otherwise you and your friends are more at risk" Bucky said, grabbing my bowl of macaroni and started eating. I laugh and tell him in a sarcastic tone "Sure however, it's not my story Barnes, being brought up in the Red Room changes you".

A week later once everything was ready, I had decided to put on a pair of sunglasses, a hat, hoops earrings and a black jumper-dress

A week later once everything was ready, I had decided to put on a pair of sunglasses, a hat, hoops earrings and a black jumper-dress. We were currently driving to the compound, god this brings out memories until Bucky mentioned a good point "Won't they recognise your voice Y/N, I mean they've know you for a very long time and your gonna have to say something". I put my head down onto the steering wheel as we pull up "Shit..what will I do?" I mutter to myself. Bucky sighs and sits back in his seat "Just wing it, okay?". I nod my head in agreement as there was no other choice and got out the car, walking into the reception. A woman met me there, I had met her a few times, she seemed nice. "How can I help you?" She asked, looking up from her desk. "Can I please see the Avengers?" I ask politely, trying to alter my voice. She grabbed a phone from her desk and called someone then nodded towards the elevator. I nod my head as a thank you and quickly went to the elevator with Bucky, shutting it so nobody else could come in. "So dad so good.." he whispers.

The elevator opened into the Avengers living quarters where they were all sat on the couch, I have a bad feeling about this. "B-Bucky?" Steve asked. "Not so fast Cap, how do we know he's not mind controlled and that they aren't with Hydra" Sam said. "Cause I saved him, check if you want, but I'll be going now" I tell them, turning around and heading towards the elevator. "Stop! How can we trust you?" Clint asked, standing up. "Your the girl from the bridge.." Tony said, making me gulp and fight my burning, teary eyes. "Look, I'm sorry for your loss, however I must get going, bye Bucky" I say, smiling faintly. "Your voice.." Thor said, standing up. Wanda's eyes widened as I realised she read my mind. "I gotta go!" I say, as she stood up quickly. I look around and run towards the window, running into it making the glass smash and jump out, now what? "Y/N!" Wanda screams down at me. "WHAT?!" Steve yelled, everyone running over as I fell down. I clipped a wire to the building, taking me over to my car as I quickly jumped in. My wheels were all shot once again, oh I wonder who by, and I was forced to get out. A very bad decision but I made a run for it, however was grabbed by a metal suit. Tony stepped out of it and threw my sunglasses and hat across the ground.

I kept slapping him trying to get away "Stop, stop, stop, stop, stop!" He said, grabbing me tightly and hugging me. Tony put his hands on my back and squeezed me tightly. "Why? Why did you fake your death?!" He yelled in both happiness, anger and guilt. "Please just let go, I can't be here!" I say whilst crying. "NO, you aren't it leaving me again, why can't you be here, don't you love me anymore?!" Tony yelled once again. "Of course not Tony, I'm protecting you guys from Hydra!" I cry, pushing him away. "You don't need to do that Y/N, we're the Avengers for fucks sake, you left all of us in mourning for months!" Tony argued. I can't find any words "I can't tell if you want me here or not.." I whisper. Tony's face dropped and his hands went to my cheeks, kissing me passionately. "Why would you say that, of course I want you here, but a few months ago I was at your fake funeral!" Tony said, tears beginning to fill his eyes. "I'm sorry Tones.." I whisper, kicking him in his ankles, knocking him down and speeding off on my motorcycle that I used to have as an Avenger. "Y/N, PLEASE WAIT!" Nat screamed at me from a distance.