-𝘠𝘰𝘶 𝘯𝘦𝘦𝘥 𝘵𝘰 𝘳𝘦𝘴𝘵-

𝗪𝗮𝗿𝗻𝗶𝗻𝗴𝘀: 𝗠𝗶𝗹𝗱 𝗹𝗮𝗻𝗴𝘂𝗮𝗴𝗲
*𝗦𝗲𝘁 𝗶𝗻 𝟭𝘀𝘁 𝗣𝗲𝗿𝘀𝗼𝗻*

𝗪𝗮𝗿𝗻𝗶𝗻𝗴𝘀: 𝗠𝗶𝗹𝗱 𝗹𝗮𝗻𝗴𝘂𝗮𝗴𝗲*𝗦𝗲𝘁 𝗶𝗻 𝟭𝘀𝘁 𝗣𝗲𝗿𝘀𝗼𝗻*

__________________________________

The bed was cold and empty without Tony in it however he said that he had to finish something off and would be up in half an hour. Within that period of time I had fallen asleep until I woke up around 2 hours later.

Bang bang bang. I groaned and rubbed my eyes, throwing a pillow over my head. Bang bang bang. "Oh for fucks sake, who's up at this hour?!" I hissed, getting out of bed and throwing on my robe and getting into some comfy slippers.

I walked downstairs and checked the living room, nobody was there. Bang bang bang. Then, I followed the noise into the kitchen, no luck there either. For a moment I was about to give up and go back to bed until I heard it again. Bang bang bang.

I followed the noise downstairs into Tony's workshop and saw him banging on some metal with a hammer. Only for a few seconds, I carefully scanned his face and noticed his droopy eyes fighting to stay open, shoulders and head slouched down and dark rims around his eyes until I knocked on the glass door making him glance at me.

"What is it Y/N?" He asked bluntly, continuing his work. My brows furrowed, I was a bit taken back by his tone so I fired straight back "What do you mean, what is it, you're the one making a racket and not letting anyone sleep, Thor and Sam have a mission tomorrow morning, they've got to be up early!". Tony rolled his eyes "They'll manage, Thor's a god and Wilson basically lives on caffeine".

I was about to lose it, but I took a deep breath and understood Tony's troubles, we had been together for almost 2 years now "Honey, you need some rest, look at you, you're about to collapse onto the floor" I said, walking over to him and taking the hammer out his hands.

"I'm fine Y/N" He said through gritted teeth. "Tony" I said in a stern tone, bringing his face up to meet mine "We're going to bed whether you like it or not". Tony gave in and we went back to our bedroom and I got out a tank top and joggers for him.

I got into bed once he had changed and sat up against the head board as Tony got in next to me. Tony put his head on my chest and wrapped his arms securely around my waist, I hugged him back.

A few tears fell from his eyes as he began to break down in my arms. "Oh baby, it's okay, I promise you that you can fall asleep, nothing will happen, it's okay to not be okay, you don't always have to be on the ball" I whispered, kissing his head. Tony cried onto my chest "E-Every-time I try and sleep horrible things just flow into my mind and I can't go to sleep thinking about them, a-and Steve is giving out so much paperwork and mission debriefs and I've got to f-fix the suit after every mission, let alone keep you safe all the time, you're my number one priority, a-and then everyone just assumes I'm the only avenger who hasn't had any t-traumas in the past like Romanoff or Rogers or Barnes or many more a-and it's just so fucking tiring and e-everyone always expects me to just be on it" he cried, loosening his grip.

This was one of the very rare occasions that Tony had opened up about how he was feeling and I didn't always know what to do but comfort him. "Oh hun, you don't need to be carrying all Thai weight on you're shoulders, let's go back to Malibu for a few weeks, I'll speak to Steve and the others, and don't worry about me babe, I'm basically always with you, hm?" I reassured him.

Tony nodded gently and let the two of us lay down in the bed and he nuzzled his face into my neck. "Goodnight Tones, I love you so so so much" I whispered, shutting my eyes. "I love you more.." he whispered extremely quietly before completely passing out.

I smiled when I heard his tiny snores and let myself fall asleep, making sure the next morning nobody disturbs us.