C H A P T E R 1 7

Blood.

Gore.

Death.

Screams.

Canon.

When she woke out if her nightmare, she was out of breath and a thin layer of sweat covered her body. Luckily, the en-suite bedroom and all the bathrooms in the house were soundproof so neither her screams nor the cold shower woke her brothers.

She stripped out of her clothes that were stuck to her from sweat, tied her shoulder length brown hair up into a messy bun and hopped into the cold shower, scrubbing at her body as if she was cleaning herself of the events that had just replayed in her sleep.

She got dressed into a pair of grey joggers, a thin strapped black top and slipped a black hoodie on over her head.

She knocked on the door of the house opposite hers and, to no surprise, Finnick opened it straight away. He had been previously sat on his couch looking at nothing. Thinking nothing. Feeling nothing. He had just dragged himself out of yet another nightmare.

As the door opened, revealing a messy haired Finnick wearing nothing but a pair of joggers, she forced her eyes to meet his, though it wasn't easy with his bare, muscular chest showing for the world to see.

"You up for a walk?" She asked, knowing what his answer would be.

He walked a few steps to the side retrieving something, just out of view, before returning back wearing a rather tight, long sleeved shirt. "Where to Princess?"

"Follow me," she grinned, taking his hand in her own without even realising what she was doing.

Finnick realised. As she walked slightly in front of him, dragging him to the Victors private section of the beach, he couldn't help but notice how he felt holding her hand. He never wanted to let her go. The simple touch brought him a sense of peace and tranquillity. He glanced over at her, noticing how the moonlight brought out more of a royal blue in her eyes.

They walked down the beech in a comfortable silence, not needing any conversation, each other's company was more than enough.

AN: cute lil beach stroll for my cute lil bean Jessica and the loml Finnick.
Hope you enjoy the double upload, might post another later (🤷‍♀️)