C H A P T E R 8 6

When Jessica Odair opened the door, she made many observations.

The room was overall classy, slightly outdated compared to the usual pristine white houses and apartments in the Capitol, and had a 'royalty' vibe about it. It seemed untouched so she assumed it was either incredibly well cleaned and looked after and/or was a guest room.

When you walked through the doors, the bed was off centre (to the left slightly) of the wall opposite the door, a few metres from the bed was another door (she assumed this led to the bathroom) then, on the same wall, there was a dressing table. The left wall couldn't be seen as it was completely covered by an enormous wardrobe fit for a queen and her family. On the right wall was a large window and window seat with a view of the garden.

Facing the door was the bed which was grand and could easily fit five people comfortably, it had a thick red quilt and soft cream blanket as well as four main cream pillows (two on each side) then a row of three red square pillows and a row of two cream rectangular pillows at the front. The bed frame was dark oak which matched the rest of the furniture.

There were dark oak bedside tables on either side of the bed, they each had two draws. The two smaller tables matched the large dressing table, simple makeup and hair accessories on the top and on the wall just above it was a large mirror with a dark oak lining.

On another other wall was a dark oak wardrobe: big enough to hang all her tops, dresses and jackets as well as all her pants and underwear in the draws, and her shoes at the bottom as well as the same for her brothers, Finnick, and probably even Johanna if they folded strategically. It covered the full length of the shorter wall.

Opposite the wardrobe wall was the large window which had dark oak panels on the inside (despite the window panels being cream on the outside) and a comfy dark oak window seat with cream cushions.

The bathroom door was open revealing a mostly pristine white room with the exception of the dark oak rimmed mirror and cream tiled floor. The room was stocked with shampoos, conditioners, body wash and moisturisers and everything else you could possibly need.

But the brunette barely payed any attention to the room around her as her eyes fell on her husband sat on the bed. His blonde hair was messy and his ocean-green eyes were distant. He had a rope in his hands and seemed in another world. The cuts that had previously littered his whole body were started to disappear, unlike the deeper one on his shoulder which had healed and scarred by now.

As the door creaked open, his head shot up as he was brought out of his own mind and back into reality. As soon as his sea-green eyes met her sodalite blue ones, he was out of his place on the bed and walking over to her with a purposeful stride.

He wrapped his arms round her waist tightly and lifted her off of the floor gently as she wrapped her arms around his neck.

He set her back down on the floor and pulled away slightly so that he could see her face but not enough that he'd have to loosen his grip around her. His eyes flickered down to her lips for a split second before he kissed her. The kiss was gentle with relief at first but soon turned more passionate and desperate. The two eventually pulled away for air and Finnick rested his forehead against hers, keeping the space between them small.

"I'm never letting you go again," Finnick breathed.

"Fine by me," Jessica smiled as she traced his jawline with her hand.

"You scared me," he mumbled. "I thought I lost you."

"You will never lose me." Jessica places a gentle, meaningful kiss to his lips, "I'm not going anywhere. Never again. It's over now, we can go home once Snow's dealt with."

The words brought him some comfort, knowing that soon he'd be able to spend the rest of his life (hopefully safely) in a world without President Snow, with his friends and, most importantly, Jessica Odair.

"I love you," she whispers.

"I love you too, always." He whispers back, kissing her again this time it was slow and gentle and calm.

AN: they're reunited! Yay.