C H A P T E R 4 1

Katniss woke with a gasp, looking to her left to see Beetee asleep. She stood slowly, grabbing the first thing she saw, which happened to be a syringe, and readied herself for a fight. With a syringe.

"She's gonna lose it when she finds out about the boy," Haymitch says in a hushed tone.

"She'll still cooperate, though?" Plutarch questions.

"Without Peeta? There's no guarantee." Haymitch states.

As Katniss steps forward, the automatic door slides open revealing a tense Plutarch, tear faced Finnick, and a stressed Haymitch, "morning, sweetheart."

She launched at him, syringe in hand, "what are you doing with them?" She growls.

Haymitch pins her to the wall taking the syringe from her grasp, "you and a syringe against the Captiol? See, this is why no one lets you make the plans," Haymitch huffs.

"What the hell are you doing in here?" Katniss asks Finnick angrily.

Finnick raises a hand, his voice came out pained and cracked from the tears he had shed when he woke to find they hadn't gotten his Jessie, "stop. Just listen." His breaking voice confuses Katniss. She had never heard him so vulnerable.

"We couldn't tell you with Snow watching. It was too risky," Haymitch explains. "Better for you to know nothing." She lets her wrist go, so she's free to move again.

"Where's Peeta?" She asked.

"Katniss, you have been our mission from the beginning. The plan was always to get you out. Half the Tributes were in on it. This is the revolution. And you are the Mockingjay. And we're on our way to District 13 now." Plutarch explains, avoiding the topic of Peeta.

"13?" Katniss repeats, unsure she heard correctly. Plutarch replied with a yes before she asked about Peeta again. She sees Finnick's eyes start to gloss over. He turned, not wanting anyone to see him cry. He was only willingly vulnerable in front of one person, and she wasn't there. Plutarch also walks away, leaving Haymitch to explain.

"He still has his tracker in his arm. Jessica cut yours out," Haymitch explains.

Katniss looks around to notice neither girls she was with prior to her being knocked out are there either. Johanna she wasn't fond of, and vice versa. Jessica, however, she had come to enjoy the company of, she always seemed to be able to cheer those around her up. "Where are they? Where's Peeta?" She steps forward.

"He's in the Capitol.. along with Johanna and Jessica," Haymitch finally tells the girl.

She now understood why Finnick looked as if someone had taken the life out of him, his girl was gone. His Princess.

She didn't have time to be sympathetic as anger clouded her vision as she lunged at Haymitch again, yelling and hitting him.

Expecting this exact reaction, Plutarch Heavensbee (who had been stood in the corner with a syringe at the ready) approached her calmly and injected her.

Through sobs and screams, Katniss yells at Haymitch calling him a liar before falling unconscious.

She woke to find out that she, along with many others, were in District 13 as 12 had been destroyed.

AN: ik jessica isn't acc in this chapter, I thought this chapter was too important not to include. Besides, it has our fave guy Finnick so I'm not complaining.