C H A P T E R 3 0

The crowd cheered as Caesar walked onto the stage, "Thank you! Thank you! Thank you for being here tonight on the eve of the 75th Hunger Games! We have never seen anything like this. And we will never see anything like this again. Because tonight, on this stage, 24 of Panem's brightest stars will vie for the ultimate crown. Tonight will be their final opportunity to express their thoughts. Our final opportunity to express our love. And heartbreakingly, to say goodbye to all but one." The audience groan. "What a night. Let's hear it. It's so exciting!"

Jessica gets dressed into her low cut, low back, slit in the leg, black dress with shiny black flecks throughout her hair. Finnick was wearing a white shirt, the first few buttons undone by his stylist to show off his body. Jessica knew how much he hated it but he wouldn't show that it did to anyone but her.

Everyone was playing the part. For example, siblings, Cashmere and Gloss were doing the fake tear act.

Finnick was next.

"Finnick," the crowd were going wild as Caesar spoke, "I understand you have a message for a certain special somebody. Can we hear it?"

He looks into the camera, imagining he was look into his favourite sodalite blue eyes, "My love, you have my heart for all eternity and if," tears welled up in his eyes, taking a deep breathe, he continued, "If I die in that arena, my last thought will be of you. Your care for others. Your positivity. Your beautiful eyes. Your contagious smile. All of your imperfections and insecurities. I'll continue to love you til my last breathe, my love." Cries of rage and sympathy spread throughout the crowd.

Jessica's turn.

"Jessica, we just had Finnick here with his message, was that for anyone we know in particular," he hinted.

"My lips are sealed Caesar," she joked because she couldn't say even if she wanted to. She knew it was aimed to her but she didn't know if it was real or just acting.

"Now, I understand you have a message for your friends and family back home, go ahead dear."

"Annie, I'm so glad to have met you, I wish you a lifetime of happiness. Don't feel guilty. I don't regret what I did. Not one bit," she was telling the truth, "Jacob, Kylo," her voice cracks slightly at the thought of her brothers which, in turn, made the whole thing more sad so, for once she was grateful that her voice deceived her, "take care of each other for me, okay? I love you both so much. Jacob, my rock, stay strong and Kylo, I hope you have a great birthday, I'm so sorry I have to miss another one."

The crowd cheers sadly, tears forming in their eyes.

Johanna was angry. Nothing new there.

Katniss come out in a wedding dress.

"Really a wedding dress?" Johanna says, clearly disgusted.

"Snow made me wear it." Katniss replies.

"Make him pay for it," Johanna smirks.

Katniss smiles, knowing what to do.

Katniss pulls a mockingjay.

Peeta pulled the wedding card. And dropped the baby bomb. Well done Peetabread.

That got a reaction from the crowd.

All the Tributes held hands and raised them up. The representation caused an uproar before the lights shut off and the stage was consumed by darkness.

AN: interviews done, sorry for slow updates, I keep forgetting to post.