C H A P T E R 8 1

The squad ran out of the tunnel into an underground car park and were met by some not so friendly peacekeepers with guns.

Homes disintegrates as he is caught by a beam of light coming down from the roof.

Whilst skilfully dodging both bullets and beams of light, the group continue running for their lives. The concrete behind them begins to break and crumble, just metres behind them, turning into harsh stone spikes.

Katniss and Peeta just about make it, jumping over to the safe, solid concrete. Katniss gets up off the ground, looking to Peeta who is hunched over repeating the words 'I'm a mutt.' Jessica was too distracted by the events that had happened just minutes ago as well as the injured man with his arm thrown over her shoulder for support to help her and Peeta.

Katniss runs over, forcing her former lover to look at her, before kissing him, "stay with me."

"Always," he replies, shocked.

If Jessica wasn't so scared for both her own and her friends lives, she would've thought it was cute. Or cringey?

You could see the hint of hurt and jealousy in Gale's eyes but Jessica couldn't care less right now, he's a bit of an ass anyway.

"I know where we are," Cressida yells, points towards a set of stairs. "I know a place. Up those stairs."

Katniss and Cressida take the lead, followed closely by Pollux and Peeta, then Jessica and Finnick, then Gale at the back.

They passed multiple screens showing the squads faces as 'wanted'.

Cressida knocks on the glass door of what looks to be a dress shop. As soon as it opens, they all rush inside, Katniss readies her bow in case before being assured by Cressida that the woman was safe.

"Tigress, do you remember me?" Cressida asks the woman hopefully. "I'm with Plutarch's underground. We need your help."

Tigress was a rather beautiful woman who, hence the name, looked like a tiger. She had surgically altered herself to look similar to the animal she adores. She wore a brown patterned cloak. Her amber eyes scanned the room, taking in Cressida's pleading expression, the scared look in the Mockingjay's eyes, the wounded handsome blonde leaning on a tired pretty brunette, the Mockingjay's wary looking ex and the injured tall brown haired man standing further into the building having left to 'clear' it.

She walked past Katniss wordlessly and the group followed.

She takes them to a dead end before moving the rug to reveal a hidden basement. She opens the hatch as Katniss speaks, startling the tiger girl. "I know you. You're a stylist in the games," the Mockingjay remembers.

She pulls down her hood, speaking, "until Snow decided I wasn't pretty enough anymore."

"I'm here to kill him," Katniss informs the woman who smiles in response.

AN: did a double update today. Your welcome