C H A P T E R 6 4

It was a normal day, Jessica went to her daily half hour therapy, spent an hour in the morning with Peeta (who she saw every other day) and then went to do a few hours of easy training to slowly get her back into things. She ate lunch with her brothers, friends and Finnick and then spent the rest of the afternoon with Johanna whilst everyone went to work as she was exempt due to her physical condition still being labelled as 'recovering'.

The two girls were trying to have as normal a day as they could, playing a question answer game.

"Favourite sibling?" Johanna asked.

"I don't have a favourite," Jessica replies.

"So Kylo?" Johanna smirks.

"Yeah he's less annoying, you can have Jake." Jessica laughs, "my turn.. are you dating my brother?" She asks with a feigned innocent smile.

"What? No." Johanna answers, truthfully but flustered.

"Do you like him?" Jessica pushes with a smirk at her friends nerves.

"I- that's two! It's my turn to ask a question." Johanna stutters.

"Okay, shoot."

Just as Johanna was about to ask a question there's a knock on the open door, "hey, I was wondering if I could talk to you Jessica?" The female whose voice belonged to was a blonde with chocolate brown eyes which closely resembled her district partner in her games- no. It can't be.

"Hi," she walked into the room, "I'm Leah. Leah Connors."

"Connors? As- as in Dale Connors." Jessica asked, shocked.

"Yes. He is- was my little brother. I came to thank you," she explains.

"Thank me?"

"Yes. We all knew he wouldn't make it but, you made him feel safe, you protected him and saved his life more times than I can count. So, thank you, for looking after him when I couldn't. I'll be forever in your debt for that."

"He was a good kid, too young for the games," Jessica muttered.

Leah sent the girl a small, sad smile, "He was. He had only just turned twelve," she sighed. "Anyway, I just wanted to come find you, and thank you, if you ever want to come say hi, I work down in the training area."

The blonde girl and Jessica, little to either of the girls' knowledge, would become great friends.

Jessica and Johanna spent the rest of the afternoon together before everyone finished work meaning Jacob came to keep Johanna company.

As Jess left she sent Johanna, who was sat with Jacob, a wink causing the bald woman to blush. Everyone could see she was in love with Jacob Miller. Everyone except Johanna Mason herself. Luckily for the girl, Jacob was patient.

AN: I love Johanna too much to let her be lonely <3