C H A P T E R 8 9

President Coin had just announced her preposition of holding a symbolic Hunger Games. The entire room of Victors went quiet from shock. However, they all knew what needed to be done, the majority must agree.

They would have to vote strategically so it was most believable.

Johanna laughs, "you want to have another Hunger Games with the Capitol's children?"

"You're joking," Peeta looks at Coin.

"Not in the slightest," there was something ominous hidden behind her eyes as she replied.

Haymitch scoffs, "is this Plutarch's idea?"

"It was mine," Coin admits. "It balances the need for revenge with the least loss of human life. You may cast your votes."

Despite the fact that they all knew that 1, they had to make sure the overall was in agreement and 2, Katniss wouldn't actually let another Games happen, right?, it still made them all glance around at each other nervously. However, one glance at Katniss reassured the victors that she had a plan.

Maggs, Annie, Peeta and Beetee vote 'no'.

Enobaria, Katniss, Finnick, Jessica, Haymitch and Johanna vote 'yes'.

Everyone who voted 'no' pretends to be shocked, which wasn't hard seeing as the whole proposition in the first place was ridiculously stupid and out of the question.

"Excellent. We'll announce the Games tonight after the execution," Coin speaks smugly. Little did she know, this was working perfectly with Katniss' secret plan.

Brayden was informed by Effie that he was to dress Jessica in a suit similar to Katniss'. Apparently, for some unknown reason, Katniss wants Jessica to stand by her side when she kills Snow.

Though she was confused, Jessica assumed it was because of her obvious hatred for Snow that caused Katniss to want her to get a good view. Either way, she trusts that Katniss has a plan.

What confused Jessica the most was that Brayden slipped numerous sharp daggers onto a belt around her waist.

They were completely black, even the blade, so they blended in with the suit almost as if they were part of the pattern.

AN: bye bye Snow next chapter.