C H A P T E R 2 1

It was after the 73rd Games, someone from District 2 had won. A boy, Wade Rankine, only 16 years of age. Johanna has been busy talking with Finnick about his fake relationship plan.

After observing what Snow's 'job' for Jessica was doing to the girl, Finnick and Johanna had started to talk about how to get them both out of it (Finnick would love to not be obligated to entertain people of the capitol too). Now they just had to run it past Elaine who would let Jessica know.

After hearing of Johanna and Finnick's plan of a fake relationship to end their job as entertainers for their 'clients', Elaine couldn't be happier and immediately went to tell Jessica.

"Jessica! Jessica, girl, come here, quickly," Elaine calls impatiently.

"What, what's wrong now?"

"We have concocted a plan to bring your suffering in the Capitol to an end."

"What do you mean?" Why does she have to word things like Shakespeare sometime? She thinks to herself.

"Snow has you please clients to keep them entertained until the next games correct?" Jessica nods. "Seeing as the Victor of the 73rd Hunger Games has almost finished their tour, the party of the year at the Presidential Palace will be very soon. I propose that at the party, whilst I discuss the idea to Snow, you convince people that you two are together. To get Snow to agree, we will have to get him to believe it."

"We'll have to make Snow believe that our fake relationship, that he knows is fake, is actually real?"

"Yes. All you have to do is stay with each other all night: talk, laugh, dance, flirt etc."

"Has Finnick already said yeah?"

"My dear, it was his and Johanna's idea! Will you do it?"

"Of course, it's worth a shot."

Elaine had called Brayden to tell him to make sure Finnick and Jessica's outfits matched and complimented each other.

Whilst everyone was busy that day, Jessica decided to take some cookies that she had baked with Ky to the other Victors. She went down to Mags' house, gave her some and had a pleasant chat before she walked down to Annie's house. Finnick had introduced Jessica to his friend Annie about a year after Jessica's games. Annie won the games that occurred the year before Jessica's and was badly affected from it, left with PTSD and was easily set off.

However, since Annie met her boyfriend, Callum, she's been getting better. The girl was a few months older than Jessica and her boyfriend was a few months younger than Jess. The male had been in a couple of her classes at school, he had always seemed like a nice guy and seeing him with Annie makes her happy. That girl deserves peace.

Jessica and Annie spent a couple of hours together before Jessica and the others left for the party the next day.

The plan was a huge success.

The deal Elaine and Snow agreed on was simple. They wouldn't have to entertain Snow's clients as long as they kept people entertained with their 'relationship' until the next games. This meant that they would go to parties together, and stay together all night whether that's dancing or talking. They would visit each other's houses, making sure the cameras on the street outside caught them. And, of course, they'd have to appear in love. And if it fails, then back to plan A, Snow's plan: Finnick and Jessica would have to entertain his friends unless they wanted their loved ones to die.

They spent the night dancing together. The brunette girl felt shivers run down her spine as Finnick's grip would tighten ever so slightly on the small of her back. His eyes gazing into hers, taking notice of the different shades of blue dancing in them.

Finnick had to try control his breathing as a slow song came on and his arms held her small figure close to his own body as the girl rested her head on his chest.

When they were together, it's like there was nobody else in the world.

AN: this is kinda just a filler chapter and to get rid of the whole 'Snow client' thing too bc eww, President Snow you sick human.