C H A P T E R 6 7

Katniss comes into Jessica and Finnick's apartment unexpectedly, "how do you guys feel about getting married tomorrow? Coin figures the people could use some fun," she says with a smile.

"Hell yeah, as long as I don't have to do any planning," Jessica agrees, lazily sat on the couch in Finnick's arms.

Finnick chuckles lowly, "I agree." He looks down at the girl in his arms with a smile, placing a soft kiss to her head.

"All you've gotta do is show up," Katniss grins, "I'll come back with more info later."

Jessica Miller took some of her last deep breathes as a Miller before she became Mrs Odair. The only daughter of the Miller family was to be finally married to the man she loved most in the cruel earth they lived upon. Jessica took a deep breathe in, as Brayden straightened out her wedding dress. The dress was a simple, yet beautiful, short white dress and Jessica felt both as comfortable and beautiful as she always did in anything and everything Bray designs for her. Once her hair and makeup had been done, the brunette had felt a small pain in her heart, as she had always envisioned Valaria doing it. But, nonetheless, Jessica was grateful that they had been able to have their wedding in the first place. "Ready, girlie?" Brayden asked her, and she nodded in response, taking another deep breathe, before taking the small bouquet he handed to her.

As soft piano music began to play, Jessica took her first step down the aisle, her older brother on her right and her younger brother on her left, their arms both linked with one of Jessica's. She felt another pain in her heat as she had always imagined her father, her best friend, walking her down the isle. She knew he was watching from above, along with the mother she had never got the chance to know very well. She had made sure to have two seats saved near the front for her lost parents. Even with their absence, Jessica couldn't be happier as she walked down the isle, her rock and main supporter on one side, her ray of sunshine on the other.

The whole of District Thirteen turned around, as Jessica continued to walk forward. They stared in awe at her, as the simple dress clung to her body like a second skin, as it molded her figure perfectly. It was tight and simple around her upper half, with thin white straps to keep it held up, it flowed out slightly at her waist and the fabric reached to just below her knees. Her brown hair was braided intricately into a low bun. She had natural makeup on her face, enough to cover the scar on the left side of her face. Along with some blush, lipgloss, and mascara. She still looked as radiant as ever despite the almost fully faded bruises and scars.

Jessica smiled as she looked out into the crowd, spotting all her friends with happy looks on their faces, even the ever so miserable Johanna was smiling at her friend who deserved to find peace and happiness.

Jessica was steps away from become Jessica Odair. Her sodalite blue eyes met Finnick's sea-green eyes, as she walked to stand in front of him. "Hi," she whispered, as she stared up at him. "Hi," Finnick whispered back, as they both smiled. The pastor began the ceremony and Jessica handed her bouquet off, glancing at her friends sitting at the front.

They exchanged their short, but sweet, vows and 'I do's. Finnick had a silver wedding ring on his left ring finger. The ring had a carving going all the way around, the shape of a wave. The indented part was a matching blue to Jessica's ring. It also had the initials 'F&J' on the inside. Due to their not exactly being a jewellery shop or anything in 13, Jessica used the engagement ring as her wedding ring too. The pastor announced them husband and wife, "you may now kiss the bride."

Finnick smiled down at his wife as he leaned down slightly to place a loving kiss on her lips, allowing his left hand to cup her right cheek as his other hand found it's way around her waist. Jessica placed her left hand on Finnick's right cheek and her other hand on his chest.

AN: the matching rings look like this except the blue and silver are the same colours to each other:

and I imagine the dress something like this: