C H A P T E R 9 5

Jacob and Johanna's relationship had never been easy.

Not with a boy who fell head over heels in love at first sight with a girl who refused to let anyone (who didn't have the Victor status' safety) love her.

Johanna was in denial about Jacob for a while. She didn't want to allow herself to let him in, to get close to him. Because she'd just be giving Snow more ammo to hurt her with. The more people she loved, the more he could take. Luckily, her friends (Finnick and Jessica) were both Victors. They were untouchable from Snow. But Jacob, he wasn't. And, if he had been taken, it wouldn't have just hurt Johanna but it wouldn't crushed Kylo and destroyed Jessica.

Jacob, however, was patient and resilient. He patiently waited a few years for Johanna to admit she loves him. Back in District 13, after she had been rescued from the Capitol's torture, he wanted nothing more than to hold her, but she wouldn't have it. She wouldn't be weak. Then, when she failed the final test to be a part of the team because they drowned the simulation to test her, resulting in a breakdown, she returned to her hospital room defeated and on edge.

Jacob had been by her side immediately as Johanna stumbled into her room, her legs and breathing shaky as the water flooded her mind bringing memories, she wanted nothing more to forget, back up to the surface.

He had caught her as she fell to the floor, held her close to him, let her cry and scream and sob until she exhausted herself and then carried her to bed. He had sat by her side all night and, when she woke up the next morning, she forcefully prodded him awake, took a deep breathe, and kissed him.

He had never been happier, in fact, he'd been on cloud 9 ever since.

Years later, they were married and living in District 7 together, though they visited District 4 almost every weekend.

They, after years of denial, found their happiness within each other.

Jacob Miller managed to break down the walls of Johanna Mason and win her heart.

Of course, Johanna stayed 'Mason', she's much too stubborn to 'change her name for a man' she had claimed.

Their wedding was simple but beautiful. It took place in the forests of 7, log benches and small reception: only friends (who were considered family). Johanna wore a very sexy wedding dress, because she's Johanna. The ceremony was a mix of the traditions from both district 7 and district 4. It was a perfect combination that complimented each other just as well as the couple did.

AN: Jacob finally won Johanna over.