Chapter 35 | aspect of megera

If the taskforce were to look over their shoulders right now and see the two very non-human beings peeking around the doorway, they'd probably have a heart attack. You, L and Ryuk weren't visible to them, but Hermes and Megera were. They were careful to stay just out of sight.

Hermes fetched Meg, and insisted on staying to see the scene unfold. You had poke him in the chest while sternly telling him not to go spreading word of this around Olympus, but you allowed him to stay when he agreed.

"Which one?" Megera asked, in a hushed tone.

"See the young one with the brownish hair, wearing those dumb khaki pants?" L pointed.

"Ugh, what kind of outfit is that?"

"I know he has zero fashion sense. But that's Kira, he's who we're trying to expose. Just across him, with the suit and puffy hair, that's Aizawa. He's who you need to boon"

Megera gazed at the unknowing police officer, sensing a grudge in him even from halfway across the room.

"Man I can feel that grudge... this should work perfectly if he's already that mad. Ok, I'll cast it as discreetly as possible" she said.

You all stayed silent as Megera aimed a hand out like a finger gun, figuring a quick shot with the boon would be the most secretive way to apply it.

"In my own name I cast the aspect of Megera unto Aizawa" she announced under her breath, and shot the boon at him so it hit him in the back.

He didn't seem to feel it, and the taskforce didn't seem to notice the small beam of Light that quickly shot across the room and hit one of them.

"Perfect, the second the topic comes up he's bound to crack. The part of his brain that hold him back has been temporarily switched off with the boon" Megera explained.

"Well given the subject of the meeting, I'd say any minuet" L replied.

It was rather amusing that the taskforce had absolutely no idea that a shinigami, two shades, a fury and a god were all watching their every move right at this moment. You could see the anger boiling up in Aizawa, and you knew that the second the conversation went back to Kira the boon would take effect.

You just had to watch and listen.

"Maybe we should try and get the FBI involved again?" Matsuda suggested.

"I doubt they'd want to after the last incident where six of their agents died... plus we can't exactly reveal the existence of a death note yet since we need to prove it's existence in the first place, somehow" Mr Yagami replied.

"Hold on though, isn't just showing them the death note and the forensics enough? Sure some people will refuse to believe it since it's supernatural, but we do have enough to prove it's real beyond a reasonable doubt" Aizawa said.

"That's true, but we don't want to risk them having an un-protected weapon of mass destruction. You know the FBI, they do things their... own... way"

Seems that they were getting a bit stuck in the case here, you just needed everything to fall into place... that's all.

"I think the only thing we should be doing right now if finding where that second book is. Clearly it's still out there since people are still dying. Whoever has it is merely a follower of the original Kira that much is obvious. If we find them, then they can lead us to the original Kira" Light spoke up.

You all watched as suddenly a clear new emotion took over Aizawa, his glare sharpened and his fists clenched.

"Actually... I have something to show you all" he said, in a slightly annoyed tone.

It worked, the boon made him angry enough to speak up. Megera looked eager to see the fury in his eyes as he explained that Light was absolutely Kira.

Getting up and going over to the computer, he connected it to the larger monitor and loaded up the security footage from the day of the accidental admission.

"Aizawa... what is this?" My Yagami began.

"I know you don't want to hear it. And I understand why... but after he said this I knew..." Aizawa said.

"You knew..?" Matsuda questioned.

Finally the words you'd been waiting to hear were released into the taskforce.

"Light is Kira, and I can prove it" Aizawa said, glaring over at Light.

He immediately got up out of his seat in anger, turning to yell at Aizawa.

"What? You're on his side now? What did I ever do to you to make-" Light snapped.

"Shut it, watch" Aizawa replied.

He scrubbed the footage to the moment Light walked in drunk, and the taskforce couldn't help but watch what was happening and wonder where this was going. You and L could see the dread in Lights eyes when he realised what was going on.

"Ffuuuck you man, I thought I could trust you. It's like talking to L all over again!" Light spat over the video.

"For fuck sakes Light, THE WORLD DOESN'T REVOLE AROHND YOU" Aizawa snapped back.

"IT SHOULD"

"Why? Because you have a god complex, Kira?" Aizawa taunted.

"Oh my god- SHUT UP RYUK-" Light snapped, annoyed at the shinigami a laughter.

"Ryuk? Whose Ryuk, huh Light?" Aizawa taunted.

"No one"

"No whose Ryuk Light? A shinigami? One only you can see because you're Kira?"

"IM NOT-"

"No, that just confirmed it to me. I knew you were suspicious ever since L died. He was right, you are Kira. Don't think this is over Light..." Aizawa snapped, in a huff of anger storming off to calm down before he punched the man.

Pausing the footage, Aizawa crossed his arms in a huff and looked back over to the taskforce.

"I'm aware you don't want to see your child, your friend be Kira. But you can't keep denying it... he just referred to a shinigami loud and clear. One called Ryuk" Aizawa said.

"I was drunk! I could say anything when I'm drunk and it'd make no sense" Light tried to argue.

"Didn't you swear up and down you weren't drunk? You even told the clock"

"Well- well clearly I was under some sort of influence there. I mean look at how I'm acting"

"And under the influence your guard goes down and you accidentally let it slip there's a shinigami called Ryuk probably in the room that only you can see"

Ryuk, being Ryuk, just laughed at the situation and got an angry glare from Light.

"Ooo he's in deep shit now" Hermes snickered.

"You know for someone under my boon he'd actually holding back pretty well. He hasn't punched anyone yet..." Megera commented.

You and L watched the scene unfold hoping that one of the taskforce members would say something, or at least their opinion would change. Maybe it was the shock or denial but they all stayed silent as Light and Aizawa argued over him being Kira.

"I hope that's enough to convince them" L sighed.

"Just give it time. They'll get your eventually... they just don't want to admit someone they've known since he was a kid could be a killer..." you replied.