Chapter 39 | soulmate

A/n: I'm known for writing L submissive, and I shall continue that. Although less kinky this time since it's his first time in this story.

L wasn't actually that useless at the whole Eros love thing like he made himself out to be. Ever since he learnt how shades worked, and that they can't produce children since no life can come from the underworld, he went digging for more information out of sheer curiosity.

Turns out that even with no bodily fluids as a shade, everything still works the same. It's just the soul driving the actions rather than your body. If your soul registers arousal it will act as such, allowing for a total get normal sexual experience. Although he did hear through the grapevines that became it's the soul working and not the body, everything feels a lot more intense than when you were alive. So that was the reason he was a little nervous.

How intense was it? Did it hurt? Would he be reduced to a trembling mess? He had no idea.

But he was about to find out.

"Hey, don't look so nervous I promise I'll be gentle" you said.

"It's not that it's just... is it true that it's a very intense feeling?" He asked.

"Yeah, it can be. But it doesn't hurt or anything, it's a good feeling"

"Oh, thank god. I still don't know that much about how the soul does it's whole... replicating bodily function thing"

You gently caressed his cheeks and gave him a gentle smile, trying ti make him feel more at ease.

"It'll all be fine honey, I promise" you assured.

"I know, I trust you. It's just... I dunno. First time nerves I guess" he replied.

"Understandable. Now come on, like I said, I'll lead"

Before he could reply you picked him up off his feet making him laugh at the sudden surprise as you tossed him back into the soft blankets on the bed.

"When you said you'd take the lead-" he began.

"I know, I know. I'm just teasing" you replied.

Jumping onto the bed next to him, you crawled up closer to him and took his cheeks in your hands again. Bringing him in for another kiss you pulled him closer to you and could feel the warmth of his soul replicating body heat. Usually he was a cold person, but right now he was hotter than usual for obvious reasons.

Breaking the kiss you gave him a smile and pulled the wreath from his head, setting it aside along with your own.

"Can't be breaking our communication devices with the gods now can we?" You replied.

He untied his sleeping mask form Hypnos from around his neck as well, putting it with the wreaths.

"Can't be accidentally falling asleep halfway though either" he added.

"You can sleep after, now come here"

Pulling him back in, you kept your promise of being a guide and placed his arms around you before wrapping yours around his and going back in for another kiss. His lips were soft, as they always were and he tasted like the nectar you'd always gift him. Sweet and delicious.

By now he'd gotten used to kissing and knew how to do it, very well in fact. Maybe it was that cherry stem trick he showed you the other day... nonetheless kissing him was always a delight and the more Eros driven passionate one you'd pulled him into now was no different.

The good thing about the robes you wore were the fact they were loose and comfortable, and easy to take on and off. L's dipped down slightly to expose one side of his chest, and using that to your advantage you slipped your hand underneath the fabric to push it off the shoulder that held it up. Tracing his body with your gentle touch finally made him realise the lack of clothing on his top half.