Chapter 41 | twist

Your hazy state was interrupted when you heard frantic knocking on the door, and it took you a moment to properly wake up and princess what the hell was going on. Tiredly slipping out of bed and finding your night robes dragging on the floor behind you, you walked over to the door to answer it.

Before you could even process your eyes fell on the book that was being held out to you.

"What the-"

The death note. And the person holding it? Hypnos.

"It kind of just happened, the fates gave me the chance and I took it" he said.

Your brain lagged for a moment before you took the book from him and opened it, looking through all the pages with names written on them.

"How did- wait you found- I'm so confused" you stammered.

"I'll explain, where's L?"

You pointed over to the open bedroom door and were Hypnos could see L passed out with his eyes covered by that enchanted mask he'd made for him. He looked like he was in the middle of a wicked deep sleep.

"Ah, might wanna give him a few minutes to properly wake up" Hypnos said.

"Yeah he's not gonna process anything until he's had some caffeine" you replied.

And so you dragged L out of bed, sat him at the kitchen table with you and Hypnos and placed fresh overly sweetened coffee before him. He sat there for a moment still half asleep, hair messed up, mask hanging around his neck, looking very confused. It took him a moment to fully wake up, but when he did he was not expecting what was dropped on the table before him.

"Is that- is that the fucking other death note?" He said, still sleepy.

"Yep" you replied.

L just starred at it as he sipped his coffee.

"How the-"

"I got it. Fates gave me the chance and I took it" Hypnos replied.

L just sat there in silence for another minute trying to process everything in his drowsy state.

"Man those fates are involved in everything aren't they?" He muttered.

"There's no big situation they don't have a hand in. That's my sisters for you..." Hypnos replied.

"So we have the book now, and the other one is already confiscated by police so that means the Kira's can't kill anyone, that's good" you said.

"Well, they may have a few pages ripped from the book, so they might be able to kill a FEW people but a few pages won't do much" L added.

Now that both books were out of the Kira's hands that meant the threat of people dying was over. That was one problem solved, you could hand this over to hades and he could work with Thanatos to fix up the whole Tartarus overflowing thing now that criminals will stop dying.

But there was still the mission of getting Light, Misa and this Takada girl arrested for their crimes. Aizawa was on your side, and potentially some of the other taskforce members after the little situation that happened, but they still had to actually arrest the Kira gang and for that, they needed evidence.

"So... that changes our plan. Although it's probably better this way because they're less of a threat now. And the underworld will stop suffering" L said.

"So what now? We gotta tweak our plan a little" you asked.

"About that... when I grabbed this it got me thinking. You guys managed to get the taskforce to see Lights slip up right?" Hypnos asked.