Chapter 56 | gut feelings

"It's almost over"

You stopped mid sip of Nectar, looking up at L. He was being ominous again.

"What is?" You asked.

"The case. I can see it" he replied.

"Probably that premonition you have now"

Ever since he'd gotten the power, he'd been very at ease with everything happening. Before he was stressed about it all, worried about everything that could go wrong, but now he was granted the boon from chaos he seemed much more calm about it.

"Probably, I just have a gut feeling it'll all work out" he said.

When he blinked it was like his eyes flashed. Now they could glow you'd always be able to spot him in the dark, and each time he looked up at you it was like making eye contact with the night sky. Nyx would be pleased with his new eyes.

"You know we can probably head back up to the surface now. It's been a few days" you said.

You didn't have to ask him twice, he was ready to see if his gut feeling was right. He was already out of his seat and heading for the door before you could even process.

"Wait let me finish my Nectar!" You giggled.

"Right, can't take that with us or they'll see it floating midair. Also give me some" he replied, stopping in his tracks.

You let him take a sip, he'd become rather addicted to the stuff as he'd been down here. He loved its sweetness.

When you'd finished you both headed through the underworld up to the house of hades to catch Charons boat up the river Styx. And you were rather pleased to see that the gods, both chthonic and Olympian were actually having a civil conversation. Now that everything had been explained to them and a few of the gods had expressed remorse for what happened all those years ago they were actually making some progress on rekindling.

You doubted Hades would ever rekindle with his brothers, but the younger Olympians maybe. So far he was cool with Hermes and growing closer to Aphrodite and Apollo, you and L knew Dionysus was cool with everything too. So that's at least 4 Olympians that can see eye to eye with the underworld.

"You think things will work out?" L asked, as you passed the gods in the halls.

"Probably. Shouldn't you know with your premonition?" You teased.

"I think they'll work it out. And shouldn't you know with your omniscience?"

"I think they'll work it out too. I have a feeling Ares won't be far behind as well... since he and Thanatos are closely linked in powers. War and death are two inseparable things, exactly why humans gotta stop doing it"

L could definitely agree with your feelings. He had a gut feeling he'd run into Ares at some point in this rekindled relationship.

"Hey, even Hypnos is there. Hiding behind his mum but still" you pointed out.

The one winged god was peeking over his mothers shoulder as she talked to the Olympians who'd come to visit, along with hades and Thanatos. It seems things were going smoothly so you didn't want to intrude.

"You know, I'm proud of him. He's doing well despite everything" L said.

"Me too, he's making good progress" you replied.

Hypnos was a sweet boy, you and L really cared for him after all he'd done for you. And the fact he didn't mind third wheeling you made the friendship stronger.

"You know I also have a gut feeling about Hypnos. A good one, but I'm not sure what it is yet" L added.

"As long as it's good, that's all that matters"