Chapter 14

Nick and I are cuddling and watching Criminal Minds on the couch. "Can I ask you something?" Nick asked kissing my forehead he pulled back to look me in the eyes "Please me honest with me when I asked this." I nodded to let him know that I was listening and that I will be honest.

"Have Colby ever hit you or force himself on you?" I shock my head and I said "Never he probably knew that I would kick his ass if he ever tried." "OK He said that's a good start, what if he did it hypothetically would you have stayed with him?"

"Most definitely not he would be thrown out on the street on his ass faster than his head can spin. Grabbing Nick's hand and holding it, making him look at me Nick honey I know we're just started dating I'm honored that you're concerned about me but if that dumbass ever show up here I already changed the locks on ever door in this house, already let Jon and Joe know that they can get rid of the old extra key I gave to them I still need to make a few copies of the new key I will obviously give you one when I do. Now that's done and over with let's get back to watching Criminal Minds."

"What brought this all up?" I asked as I cuddled up more towards his chest.
He took a deep breath before answering "I just want you and the kids to be safe when you're home alone or they're here with Glenda until you signed with another company you and the kids are my life now." I pulled away from him and looked at him with tears in my eyes.

"I know we're just got together but that just makes me fall more in love with you by hearing you said that." Kissing him.

Just as we got back in the mist of cuddling we heard two similarities of "Mommy?" Looking at Nick "I'll get them stay sitting." I told him patting his legs.