Chapter 17

I walked into the living, seating beside Nick on the couch.

"Kids are in the playroom

"Kids are in the playroom." I told him leaning my head on his shoulder "maybe next time I could come and visit you I said "I would love that." He said back "I will have Glenda watch the kids, so it could be just be us. " You don't have to do that." He said "The kids are part of you Alex I've enjoyed being here today babe you're a great mother, I would love to spend some together just the two of use. Cupping my face with he's hands I do appreciate you offering for the nanny to watch the kids the next time but do it all the time though I want to get to know them you five are my future."

"You're honestly the best." I told him, kissing him "What do you want for dinner?" I asked "Doesn't matter to me." Nick replied "I've been thinking spaghetti with garlic bread." "Does that sound OK?" "Sounds perfect." He said kissing me again smiling.

"That's the sign I need to get up, start making it then huh?" I looked over at Nick with teasing grin. "Laughs yeah probably do." He teased back "Grrr fine."

I playful said as I stand up, walk into the kitchen to get everything out that I need filling the pot with water, skillet to put the hamburger in to brown, the tubberwear where I keep the spaghetti in, putting it to the side, getting the can of spaghetti sauce down from the top shelve in the pantry. Bought that over and set it on the counter next to the stove.

Letting the water come to a boil I then put the uncooked spaghetti in the pot to cook, put the lid on. Checked on the  browning hamburger seen that it's ready to add the sauce, as I remembered that the garlic needed to be placed on the table to thaw out for a bit. 

Going back over to add the sauce to the hamburger and that cook down for a bit taking the spaghetti off to cool, putting the garlic bread into the oven.

Nick walked into the kitchen "need any help beautiful?" Walking up behind me wrapping his arms around my waist kissing my neck. "Everything is pretty much done except the garlic bread and that's in the oven now." Leaning back into his arms.

"The garlic bread should be done in about 5 minutes or so."  I told him "I probably should go get the kids." I whispered giving me another kiss of the shoulder "why are you whispering?"  Giving me amused smile "I don't know we're having a nice moment between us and don't want it to end."  I pout up to him.

Giving me a small slap on the butt "go get the kids baby." He said "I'll get the garlic bread out for you." Going up and to get the kids.