Chapter 20

Alex woke up the next morning to sunshine shining through the window. She was snug in bed under the covers- quite snug, as Nick lay behind her, his muscler body pressed against hers and his arm wrapped securely around her waist. He was still asleep and she could hear his low snores, feel the regular, warm puffs of his breath near her neck.

She smiled and didn't make too many sudden moves, content just to lie there. Alex was able to focus on his features. Alex lost herself, imaging waking up like this every morning, warm in Nick's arms, the room like a cozy cave, and Nick still asleep, subject to her perusual. Her mind wandered, imagining waking him up in the mornings for breakfast or for work at home or on the road, getting jumped on by the kids.

"Morning beautiful, Nick murmurs, voice cracking from sleep. Alex was shocked out of her daydream, feeling her cheeks turned red from the direction they have taken.

"Hi," Alex said warmly.

She felt his hand move to rub gentle circles over her stomach. She than felt Nick kiss her shoulder "did you sleep well?"

"Yes, thanks, I slept well. What about you?" Nick thought for a second. He had enjoyed one of his better sleep, the reassuring warmth of Alex beside him lulling him into a deeper slumper than usual.

"Yes. Although I am wide awake now." He murmured as his hand moves upward from her stomach, caressing her.

"We probably should get up soon. Alex said as Nick was still caressing her stomach. "The kids will be in here jumping on us, I have to go through it every morning."