The Sword Pt. 1

...

...

...

The lights in the room grew the slightest bit brighter, the dim hue growing.

Nova peeked her eyes open, lifting her head.

...

She looked to the fluff on her side and stomach, finding Adora already beginning to wake up, Catra still sound asleep.

...

...

"Oh! Morning!" Adora smiled.

Nova let out a little yip, moving a little to stretch out her legs and paws.

"Ugh, come on..." Catra grumbled, not appreciating Nova starting to shift.

...

Nova poofed right then and there, Catra falling flat onto the bed with a yelp, eyes slightly wide.

She had to stifle a chuckle as Catra's tail waved about, annoyed.

"Get enough beauty sleep?"

...

...

"Ya ruined it," Catra grumbled.

Adora was fixing up her red jacket, fastening the belt.

Meanwhile, Catra pulled Nova down onto the bunk, the duo starting to rough house.

...

Catra started to mess around with the wolf, Nova trying to squirm away as she feline had her pinned.

Nova wriggled out from under her, having been laid out stomach-first, and then poofed into her wolf form.

Her tail end rose up, forepaws bent, in a playful position.

...

...

"Guys, come on! We have to get ready for training today," Adora tried to throw on her boots.

"I was getting some good sleep! Nova here woke me up," Catra grumbled, Nova's smirk somewhat visible.

Nova poofed back into her human form, "Hey, the early Horde soldier takes down the Princesses!"

...

"Ugh..." Catra groaned.

"Come on you big baby, we're gonna be late," Nova went out the door, Adora following behind.

Catra, however, would not be following them. At least, not yet.

...

...

...

Nova and Adora would have to scramble to get their chest plates and goggles on for the session.

...

...

Adora started to make use of the punching bag as she brushed her teeth.

...

She hit it a few times before landing a hard kick, then heading back to the sink and spitting out the toothpaste.

She saluted the mirror before using finger guns, saying "Pew, pew!"

...

"Pew, pew? That's a new one," Nova snickered.

"Shut up!" Adora nudged her, the two giggling.

As Adora started heading out with Nova, she took one more glance back at the punching bag, a picture of the princesses on it.

...