Look For Me In The Stars

...

...

...

I can't see anything.

What's...?

...

What's going on?

...

...

Adora had Nova pulled into her lap, the wolf lying unconscious there as she and Catra watched the monster from before rear back.

It was large and ferocious, shrieking as it prepared for an attack.

Nova groaned, stirring a little bit. This caught the blonde's attention right away as Catra's fists balled up.

She would leap up and go after the monster, destroying one of its big, glassy eyes in the process. Little shards would shatter and fall to the floor as she landed back on her feet.

Her tail twitched at the end, gritting her teeth with rage.

...

Catra went ahead to deal with the beast while Adora tended to Nova.

...

...

Nova's eyes slowly flickered open, the initial numbness fading away. Only this time, it was replaced by a searing pain that was ripping through her side and back.

"Nova?" Adora could see her waking up.

The wolf tried to speak, but choked out the words, beginning to cough a few times over.

This was followed by a surge of pain, causing Nova to wince as her left hand held at the wound. Her breathing became unsteady, trying to fight the pain.

...

Adora tried to calm her down, cradling Nova's back and reaching her other hand out to move Nova's.

"Shh, shh, it's okay. It's okay."

Adora would gently grab Nova's hand, the one that was resting over the wound, and flipped it over. She gasped when she saw how much damage had truly been done.

On the wolf's hand was the same green liquid from before, almost like it was her blood. Immediate panic filled Adora's nerves as she trembled.

Nova could feel the blonde's hands shaking, hearing how fast her heart was beating.

...

...

Nova's breathing was still labored as Adora glanced up, seeing Catra trying to fight off the monster.

For a moment, Catra turned back, glancing at Adora with adrenaline surging through her.

"How is she?"

...

Adora gave a look that Catra could only describe as pure terror. She looked so lost, desperate. "I... I don't know."

"It's bad, Catra!"

...

...

The feline couldn't answer, much less give any sort of reaction as the creature made another lunge. Adora shielded Nova, putting her arms and body over hers as it attacked.

But Catra countered it, the creature falling back against the wall after she ran up for a hit.

Adora breathed out, terrified, but hopeful.

"You're--You're gonna be okay..."

...

She took a quick breath and then focused her magic, her hand resting over the wound that was present on Nova's side.