Faded Prints

...

...

...

A gaze into the past is almost like viewing the brush strokes on a painting. You take in every bit and detail, looking at a painted part of history for your very eyes.

Now, I bet you're wondering about Nova. Force Captain. A werewolf and human hybrid found within the deepest wilderness of the Whispering Woods by her instructor, Shadow Weaver.

She's fearless and optimistic, and menacing when she needs to be.

But...

Sometimes she isn't exactly the brightest in the group.

...

...

For example, on a particular day she was play fighting with Catra and Lonnie when they were all still teens.

As she went onto all fours in the hall, she was up ahead, and didn't realize that there was recently a cleanup in that area, rendering the floors extremely slippery.

Next thing the cadets know, they see the wolf going face first into a door and Nova having a shiner for about a week because of it.

...

Usually, there are no hard feelings, though, because she does things like that a lot.

However, her usual demeanor obviously hasn't been the same, she still retains some of that hope and quirkiness even now.

But enough about the past. Let's see how she's doing as of now in a brief little cutlet.

...

...

On this day, in particular, Catra was holding one of the Horde tablets. On it, she seemed to be recording and chuckling quietly.

In the Fright Zone, the cadets have one day per week that they can give themselves the chance to recuperate, but most of them stick to the usual routine. Nova included.

On the screen, Nova could be seen laying down, one of her legs hanging off the bed and snoring as one arm covered her face.

...

Catra set up the tablet out of the wolf's sight, but kept it recording, and would sneak off screen as Nova remained in view.

All of a sudden, Nova's pin went off, ringing.

Almost on autopilot, Nova sprang up with a yell, and scrambled to grab it, pressing the Force Captain pin.

"Force Cappin Noova..." she was too tired to say it right.

...

"Gotcha, howler."

Catra was present in the room with her, walking up as she had her own Force Captain pin in hand.

Nova saw her, groaning and then flopping onto her back on the bed all over again.

"Come on... Catra..." she yawned, groggy.

...

...

"Rise and shine," Catra purred, sitting on the bedside as her tail would wag in Nova's face.

"UGH!" Nova pushed the brunette's tail away, getting off on the other side to go and get dressed.

"You know it's our off day, so, we gotta make the most of it!" Nova said while Catra hopped off the bed and followed Nova after grabbing the tablet and keeping the camera trained on the wolf.