The Ghost of Us

...

...

...

There was silence in the air as Nova retreated to the camp, her heart yearning for answers to questions she still harbored.

It seemed that upon her return, Catra was still asleep somewhat, snoring away in the sleeping bag next to Nova's.

In seeing how close they were, there was little to no space in between.

...

Melog would curl back up against Catra again as Nova sat down, then carefully laying on her back, over the blanket.

She stared up at the ceiling, her half-lidded eyes holding an aimless stare.

She had already gotten the answers about herself, but she felt there was still something missing. Like there was a piece of the story that was left out.

Why could she connect with the spirits? Why was she able to see Mara, if she really did at all?

...

...

None of it made sense, regardless of how much she wanted it to.

Nova blinked, taking a long breath out. She decided it would be best to avoid dwelling on such a thing.

After all, they have a big mission coming up. If they want to stop Prime, they can't be distracted. They can't afford to not be on the same page as one another.

...

...

A hard truth she would have to accept.

...

...

...

...

...

- Later -

...

...

It was unknown how much time had passed, but everybody had slowly started to awaken. They were all out and about, doing their own things or discussing the plan.

Adora was busy getting ready to go as Glimmer and a few others sat beside a fire rune, relaxing.

Bow was messing with an instrument of sorts as he and Glimmer rested against Swift Wind.

...

Catra had stretched her arms out and rubbed the top of Melog's head.

Nova had just woken up, rubbing at her temple as she stumbled onto her paws, dragging her feet as she walked around.

Perfuma was putting little flowers in Frosta's hair, Adora emerging from one of the drapes as She-Ra.

Swift Wind lifted his head as he listened to Bow playing the instrument, "Bow, could you stop playing that thing?"

...

"Hey, I'm still learning," Bow replied with a smile as Glimmer snuggled beside him.

"Well I like it!" Glimmer smiled with a blush, Bow reciprocating it.

...

...

Adora would walk on through, Bow trying to greet her, but Adora seemed rather determined, almost blowing him off in a way.

She would stand front and center of the rebels, all of them watching attentively.

"Prime is getting closer every day to figuring out how to access the Heart of Etheria. If he succeeds, he can use it to destroy worlds, galaxies, maybe even the entire universe."