A Mama's Girl

...

...

...

I couldn't believe it. I really fell for her tricks. The worst part...

I really thought she meant it. All of it.

...

But that was wishful thinking.

...

...

I had been sitting in my quarters, hands grasping the sides of my head as I kept it bowed, my foot tapping incessantly on the metal beneath.

Even though my head hurt from the cuts, it was far out my mind.

I let Shadow Weaver get away. I let my guard down. And now she's who knows where.

...

...

It had only been some time since the incident, and I was still trying to recover from the initial shock. But I think at this point, it was impossible.

But I think the biggest shock--and the biggest problem--was what happened after I found out what she had done.

I can hardly remember anything. All I can recall was me on the floor with Catra beside me. Then I ran off.

I don't remember anything between then.

...

That's what scares me. What exactly did I do...?

...

...

She has Scorpia and the rest of the cadets from our team in a meeting, noting how distraught I still am.

After what had happened, I had to come back to my quarters to try and calm down, but it definitely took me a while to do so. Especially on my own.

I had never felt like that before. It felt like something was possessing me. I don't know if it was the rage and anguish I felt... or if it was what I think it could be...

...

Regardless, I was still in a panicked state, and rightfully so.

My ears were pricked back, still, my tail curling around and over my leg.

I could imagine that she's out there somewhere, laughing at me for being so gullible. For being so naïve.

She would.

...

...

I don't know how Catra plans on explaining things to the cadets, or if she'll actually tell them what transpired. I would hope not.

But I trust her enough to keep that under wraps. At least for now.

While thinking about this, I heard the door to my room open, which startled me.

I shouted, scrambling backwards over the blanket.

...

"Whoa, whoa, whoa! It's just me!" Catra tried to get me to relax.

"It's just me, howler. Just me," she put her hands out in a 'calm down' motion.

I focused on trying to get my breath back as I sat there, terrified. But it wore down, me finally giving myself a chance to breathe.

...

...

When she approached me, she was hesitant. It didn't take too long for me to put together why. She was scared of me... wasn't she?