Forget Me Not

...

...

...

Nova never had dinner that night. Neither did Catra.

...

They were both in such shock that they just couldn't really function.

Regardless of Catra's attempts to relieve some of that pain they both felt, she just couldn't.

Regardless of her trying to comfort Nova, it just didn't work.

...

...

She didn't transform, either. Rather, she just laid there, curled up, most of her body under the blanket.

Catra was peeking down from her bunk, the one up top, her ears drooping down along with her hair as she was partially upside down.

Nova wasn't asleep yet, but she didn't know that.

...

Catra sighed, silently hopping down. She made sure to make absolutely zero noise, not wanting to wake up Nova, regardless of the fact she wasn't one hundred percent asleep.

Catra climbed into the bunk, sitting with her legs crossed. Her ears were drooped down, inwardly sighing.

...

...

She was hesitant.

Usually, the wolf would transform so the two could sleep soundly.

That's how it always was.

...

But, of course, after what happened, this wasn't the case.

Clearly, the news that their friend that they've known ever since childhood is actually a princess, was a lot to handle.

But when she said she couldn't come back and made it obvious that she had no clue that Shadow Weaver was manipulating her, only added to it.

Nova and Catra felt crushed.

...

Catra only figured that Nova took it harder because she always would be training with Adora, and the two had a deep respect for their abilities and were just as close.

Given Nova's apprehension, Catra knew that the Force Captain wouldn't really be so forgiving of Adora. At least, at this point in time.

...

...

How could she?

Catra tried reaching her hand out, but felt her fingers retract.

She had no idea what to say or do that could comfort Nova. She knew it would probably be vice versa.

...

All she knew was that it hurt.

The end of her tail twitched slightly, an ear fluttering a little.

...

She put her hand back into her lap, unsure of what to do. This whole time, Nova is staring off, facing away from Catra, and at the wall with a look of pure misery.

She slowly blinked, Catra able to see the cloth rise and fall with the breaths Nova took.

Catra's shoulders slumped, choosing to lay down with the wolf, facing away, both of their backs facing each other.

...

Nova's ear twitched, hearing the sounds of cloth, and feeling the mattress shifting.

...