Failsafe

...

...

...

"So, wait, hold on," Bow would question Shadow Weaver as she entered the camp, joined by Castaspella, Glimmer's aunt.

The group was standing around in a circle, a fire rune having been cast to act as a heat and light source between them.

"Where have you two been this whole time again?"

"While you were traipsing around in space, some of us have been working to stop the Heart of Etheria from falling into Prime's hands."

...

"And we discovered the same thing you did. Rumors of a failsafe that will break the restraints the First Ones built and set the stolen magic free."

"Are you kidding?" Glimmer angrily argued as Adora stood in shock.

"After everything that happened last time, you're still going after the Heart of Etheria? And you're helping her?" She looked to her aunt, unable to believe this.

"We're trying to free the magic for all of Etheria so we can be strong enough to fight Prime," Casta put her hands on Glimmer's shoulders.

...

"I'm doing this for your father. And for you. Shadow Weaver is the lesser of two evils."

"At least you admit she's evil," Catra scowled, rubbing the top of Melog's head. Nova's eyes narrowed on the sorceress.

"You're one to talk, aren't you?" Shadow Weaver tilted her head.

Clearly, the feline didn't take it lightly, and growled as she stood up. She had no qualms about giving Shadow Weaver a piece of her mind here and now.

But thankfully, Nova, who was beside her, put a gentle hand on her shoulder to calm her down. It seemed to work, and Catra backed down as her ears wilted, blushing mildly.

...

...

Of course, Nova was just as mad, if not more. Shadow Weaver was the one that hurt them, betrayed them throughout their childhood. She's the reason for most of their struggles.

Adora would step in, questioning the sorceress. She was fully aware of what Shadow Weaver had done. She wasn't inherently immune to all of the treatment that Catra and Nova had faced.

"Tell us what you know about the Failsafe. What makes you think it's in Mystacor?"

"As any good sorcerer knows, Mystacor was built on the ruins of an ancient First Ones citadel. And beneath Mystacor--"

...

Castaspella would grow excited, "Ooh! Ooh! Can I tell this part?"

"Go ahead..." Shadow Weaver groaned, irritated.

"Beneath Mystacor, there are many secret tunnels and rooms, forgotten and sealed off. No one has been able to access them in centuries, but there are whispers of what they contain."

Shadow Weaver would cut her off and finish it up, Casta's eye twitching, "An artifact known as the Crystal of Arxia, hidden there by a group of traitorous First Ones."

...

"You said I could do it!" Casta argued.

"You were taking too long," Shadow Weaver glanced away, pouting.

...

Nova's hand remained on Catra's shoulder, her thumb rubbing across it. Still, Catra looked uneasy.