Princess Prom

...

...

Catra seemed a little more focused than usual, pacing around her quarters as Nova watched.

Scorpia was with the both of them.

...

About a week prior, Catra had been talking about trying to come up with foolproof ideas to help the Horde get one step closer to beating the Rebellion.

The bigger question is: How was she going to do that?

That was the problem. She wasn't sure.

And after having seen Shadow Weaver a few days ago, trying to use her shadow spies to go after Adora, both were a little nervous in how to proceed.

...

...

When they both found her, Shadow Weaver was sprawled on the floor, weakened near her saucer where she tried to summon her dark magic.

And now that Catra had somewhat of a thought, she wasn't sure in the slightest of how she was going to carry it out.

"I'm sick of this. Shadow Weaver failed to get Adora and if Hordak finds out she'll take us down with her."

Nova internally agreed by nervously rubbing the back of her neck.

"She's obsessed. We need to think big picture. It's time for someone new to take over. Me. So, you guys in?" Catra turned to face both of them.

...

"I'm hanging out in your room!" Scorpia seemed joyful.

Nova's tail wagged a little, glad she could have someone to share her energy with more often.

"You two are the only ones I can trust around here..." Catra pinched the bridge of her nose.

...

"Because we're best friends," Scorpia smiled.

Nova's eyes lit up.

"Stop being so you and help me think," Catra paced, a little annoyed. Nova giggled slightly at the reaction.

"I have the beginning of a plan, but it's not enough. I need to capture Adora so Shadow Weaver doesn't demote me. I need to impress Hordak so he'll make me the new Shadow Weaver. How do I do both?" Catra leaned over.

...

"Why would you want to be another Shadow Weaver?" Nova realized this.

"It's not-ugh-don't take it out of context, BJ," Catra brushed it off.

"Why don't you try something at the All-Princess Ball? Every princess is gonna be there, so Adora probably will be too," Scorpia seemed to be looking at some sort of scroll, unbeknownst to Catra.

...

"Ooh! This year's theme is Winter Wonderland," the scorpion cheered.

Catra finally caught on and glanced over with disbelief, grabbing the scroll from her.

"How did you get your claws on this?"

"They sent it to me. I'm a princess," Scorpia admitted.

...

Catra was shocked to hear this, her tail stiffening with disbelief, "You're a PRINCESS?"

"Yeah, you know. The Horde crash landed in my family's kingdom. We let them stay. My family gave Hordak our runestone, the Black Garnet," Scorpia explained it like it was commonplace.