Blue Jay Blues

...

...

...

"Hello?" Nova would step into Lord Hordak's sanctum, often finding herself glancing around at the irregularly strewn metal and infrastructure.

She couldn't see him at his throne and continued to look around.

"Lord Hordak?"

...

She caught a glimpse of Imp, Hordak's little weird pet thing, lurking on one of the pipes. Nova had seen him before though and dismissed it.

But after what felt like a deafening silence, Hordak broke it by speaking, which startled the wolf slightly, finding herself on high alert.

"State your purpose, Force Captain Nova."

...

...

Nova decided to stop by considering that Catra was recovering from that little incident back in Dryl. Thankfully, the paralysis was close to gone, but it still rendered her a little drowsy.

Okay, maybe more drowsy than usual, but regardless, Nova filled in for her and approached Hordak, hoping to come up with some sort of plan.

Her ears twitched, making sure to readjust her pin if needed.

"Lord Hordak, I just wanted to establish some sort of check-in, similar to what Shadow Weaver had done. I figured if-"

...

"So, I'm to understand you've disturbed me for no reason?" He was turned away from her.

Imp dropped down just near her, and Nova took a little step back, a bit spooked.

"Not for no reason, sir. We need to plan the next move on the Rebellion. We've gained territory and the Horde's in a better spot than ever to-"

...

...

"Was squandering the advantage while the Whispering Woods regrew part of the plan?" He walked towards some sort of lever near some of the screens and displays.

Nova wasn't sure what he was doing, and didn't move, but heard the whirs as he pushed it slightly, activating some sort of field.

There were two beams with sharp ends extending way above her from behind, and it would complete this little Cheshire pink bubble around the two.

"Was leaving the Fright Zone unannounced? Your comrade getting captured?"

...

What...? How does he...?

...

...

Nova noticed quickly that she was slightly short of breath and coughed quietly a few times. Which, to her, was very odd. She was fine just a moment ago.

"Etheria's atmosphere has proved to be a complicated variable in my experiments."

Nova could see some of the metallic debris, including bolts, screws, and small shrapnels floating up around her.

"I-" she stopped speaking, realizing she was once again, out of breath, and felt it in her chest.

...

She put her hand to her chest, trying to breathe, but found it very difficult. If anything, she felt like she couldn't breathe at all.

Nova tried to inhale, but found herself in a small coughing fit instead, covering her mouth.