Heartbreak

...

NOVA'S POV:

...

...

...

It had been a few days since Catra and I had that conversation with one another. I had completely forgotten about the events that same day, that was, until we talked.

In getting back to my quarters, I remembered what I had done back at the outpost. I let the prisoners go.

Surprisingly, nothing ended up happening. There was no mention of it whatsoever.

Because of that, I wondered if Catra even had any idea. Considering how cunning she is, I would have figured that in some respect, she would have found out.

But I guess not.

...

Today, she's out in the Whispering Woods to try and carry out some direct attacks on the Rebellion.

Those new bots that Hordak and his soldiers have made certainly were menacing in their own right.

...

I shifted uncomfortably in the chair at my desk, sorting through more paperwork for the week.

At this point, it was something I forced myself to get used to. I didn't grumble and groan about needing to complete it.

If anything, I looked forward to it since it was calmer that way. I wouldn't be surrounded by so many sounds and overwhelming shouting.

...

...

"Request. Approval. Approval. Maintenance check..." I would summarize what I'd see in each paper that was contained in the manilla folder.

I yawned as my ears drooped slightly, knowing it was just because of the dim lights and lack of movement.

So, I decided it'd be best to take a break.

I stood up and stretched my arms behind my head, feeling the paw pads on my feet against the cold floor.

...

As I stretched my back, my ear fluttered as I could hear soldiers passing by, talking amongst each other while doing so.

The fact I could now hear at least over half of the Fright Zone just from my own room was insane. Then again, I've been surrounded by tanks, turrets, and what have you for so long now.

Of course, my ears have grown more sensitive over time.

Especially now.

...

...

"Ugh, this hurts my head."

It got annoying sometimes, hearing everything around me. It's the reason I've had more headaches than not.

...

...

However, the moment I thought about it, I felt pain surge through me again.

This time, it wasn't in my head.

It felt like an enormous weight was being pressed onto me, forcing me into the ground.

Instantly, I fell to my knees.

...

No, no, no, no.

Again!?

...

...

I should've figured something like this would happen. These transformations sometimes come out of nowhere, that first surge of pain being the precursor for it.