The Portal

...

...

...

Nova and Adora travelled for a long time. The wolf's paws stamped on the ground across the woods, hoping and praying that wherever Bright Moon was, they could make it in time to stop this.

"That way!" Adora would point a certain direction, and Nova woofed in affirmation, listening as she sprinted that way.

...

"We should be there soon!"

I just hope that this works...

Once we find Bow and Glimmer, we have to figure out what to do next.

...

...

Nova would slow her run down to a trot and into a walk as she panted.

Adora realized this and rubbed at the wolf's fur, "Nova? You okay?"

"What is it?"

She didn't give the blonde an answer, and instead laid down on the ground, much to Adora's surprised.

...

She gasped, hopping off and circling around her. She placed her hands on her snout.

"Hey. What's wrong?" She could tell that Nova was exhausted.

...

...

The wolf poofed back into her human form, still laying down on the ground and struggling to lift herself back up.

She was heaving, out of breath.

Adora knelt down immediately and rubbed at her back, hoping to calm her down a little.

But she would see Nova holding at her side again, finally seeing the dirt and scrapes on her uniform.

...

Did you get hurt...?

...

"How bad is it?" Adora wondered as Nova was still making an effort to recuperate so that they could continue on their way to Bright Moon.

But that wouldn't happen until she got back on her feet. And until Adora could figure out what was going on.

The wolf held back a wince, clenching her fangs as she felt the throbbing pain.

...

...

"When we all flew off of the skiff...?" She breathed out, lifting her head.

"I ended up hitting one of the trees. Took the branch out, actually..." Nova strained as Adora helped lift her up.

However, when she tried to, Nova flinched out of her grasp.

Adora, I know you want to help me.

But...

...

I don't deserve it. Any of it.

I'm just... ugh...

At the end of the day, I'm just an animal.

...

"You sure you'll be alright?" The blonde wanted to make sure. She'd seen Nova's reaction when mentioning Catra and watching her fall into the tear.

Though Adora had pretty much poured her emotions out, Nova hadn't done that. She kept it down. For her sake and probably everyone else's.

"I'll be fine. Let's just... let's just do this," Nova shook her head, trying to rid herself of those feelings.