Return to The Fright Zone

...

...

...

The group was walking back through the Whispering Woods, being led by Netossa to the supposed hideout of the Rebellion.

Nova had been hesitant from the get-go, trailing at the tail-end of the group. Catra was ahead with Melog at her side.

Melog glanced back at the wolf as the cloak remained draped over her.

...

They meowed, sad.

Catra would change her pace to match Nova's noticing how much she lagged behind compared to the others.

"Hey," She nudged her shoulder.

Nova's blank stare disappeared, flinching as she walked. She gave Catra a side eye.

...

"How are you... how are you feeling?"

"Not... not great," The wolf admitted with a deadpan expression. Her eyes remained focused on the path ahead.

"I--I know..." Catra realized it may not have been the best thing to ask.

Though they were all focused on the mission at hand, it didn't get rid of that horrifying experience. Adora wished she could have done more, especially as She-Ra, but couldn't.

...

...

Catra would sigh, her eyes trailing down to Nova's hand.

It was a quick decision that Catra didn't need to worry about the repercussions. Nova would feel someone grab her hand within moments.

When her gaze travelled, she saw the feline's fingers intertwined with hers. In seconds, her face lit up, glowing a bright red.

Catra's face was flushed as well, giving Nova's hand a gentle squeeze.

...

In Nova's hesitancy, she squeezed it back as Catra smiled, hopeful.

They were all just outside the hideout, a lot of overgrowth and fauna covering the area, a few open crates scattered around the outside.

Catra and Glimmer gasped, but the brunette didn't let go of Nova's hand.

"This is where the Rebellion is hiding out?" The princess stood in shock. She recognized it. And it seems that Catra did as well.

...

"Yup. Why? Have you been here?" Netossa turned around.

Catra and Glimmer exchanged a glance before looking away, Glimmer going a little flush as Bow ran past with joy.

"Oh, I can't wait to see every--"

However, vines shot out from each direction, some of them catching Bow by the feet and torso, lifting him up into the air.

...

The others gasped as more vines would encircle them, Nova immediately putting her arm out in front of Catra.

Perfuma would step out, in a frantic state as her eyes were blown wide, gesturing her arm out.

"SHOW US YOUR NECKS!"

Nova blinked, taken aback.

What?

...

"Perfuma, they're good," Netossa tried to reassure her, meanwhile Catra and a few others seemed to be mildly panicking on the inside.