Drifting Apart

[TW: Implications of Self Harm]

...

...

...

Hordak stood on the rocks and rubble that remained after the siege on Salineas. What was left was nothing more than smoke and ash, the kingdom lying in ruins.

He smiled, happy at his success, brought on by Catra and DT respectively.

...

"Lord Hordak," Catra approached him with a smirk, "Sounds like congratulations are in order."

"Yes."

"The princesses are in utter disarray, abandoning territory, scattering before us like the cowards they are," he had Imp on his shoulder as he sat with a smug expression.

"We're crushing them. Once you return to the Fright Zone, I'll march the rest of our troops on the rest of the coastal towns."

...

...

"No. Now that Horde Prime's arrival is imminent, I shall remain in the field to ensure victory."

Catra seemed a little surprised at his response, but continued to listen, "Besides, out of all the princesses, Entrapta has yet to face me on the field," he laughed.

"And what exactly am I supposed to do while you're in the field?" Catra had a hand placed on her hip.

...

"Whatever I deem necessary to win," he sneered, "Return to your post in the Fright Zone and await my orders."

"Soon, all of Etheria will be at my feet," Hordak would walk off to continue doing sweeps of the area.

...

...

Catra felt her fist clench up, a little frustrated. But she managed to calm herself down and swept her hair back before pressing her pin.

It glowed a bright red, the Horde insignia glowing white, "Force Captain Octavia, have you finished your perimeter?"

She could see a few soldiers trying to carry one of the large supply crates.

Octavia replied to her.

"We're doing the final sweep."

...

"Excellent. Double Trouble should be breaking radio silence soon. They'll have new coordinates for you."

She pressed a different button on the outside of the pin, "Force Captain Nova, come in?"

Catra didn't hear anything, but instead saw one of the soldiers saying, "Watch out!" and dropping the crate on his side.

He stepped back, a little wary as he tried to apologize.

...

...

"Aw man. Even when he's winning, Hordak is annoying. Now he suddenly loves fighting and I'm getting stuck with whatever he 'deems necessary'. Ugh... never thought I'd miss shut-in Hordak," She let her shoulders sag, a little annoyed.

But she smiled, "Meet me at the Sea Gate. I wanna take a break, anyway."

...

...

...

After a couple of minutes, Catra could be seen sitting on the ruins of the statues near the Sea Gate. The wind blew in her hair as her head rested on her knee.