Spirit Of The Forest

...

...

...

Nova could feel her eyes fluttering open, her body heavy against the ground as she tried to adjust to the surroundings.

Ugh, my head...

...

All of that She-Ra nonsense back in the Reach really tired me out, huh...?

...

The wolf held at her head, a palm on her face as she sat up, rubbing her cheek. She blinked a few times, trying to take in the area around her.

Yay... more paperwork today...

But when she finally was able to fully focus, she realized that she wasn't in her Force Captain quarters.

...

If anything, she was far from the Fright Zone.

She could see the tree lining, along with the dim sky, only illuminated by a few of the shining moons. The crinkling of the leaves was all she could hear as the wind passed through.

"Wha...?" Nova stood in slight confusion. Her first thought was to understand how she even got out here to begin with.

"The woods?"

...

She turned her head to the left as her ear twitched, then back to the right.

HOW DID I EVEN GET OUT HERE?

Okay, Nova. Relax. This has gotta be a dream.

...

...

The wolf would try and walk off to the side, not taking in the fact that there was a small hill where she was stepping.

"EEK!" She made a high-pitched squeal as she lost her footing but was able to land just fine.

Given some time to get her heart to settle, she laughed nervously. She managed to stay standing as she brushed off some dirt from her pants.

I guess my muscle memory is helpful...

...

But as she took a very confident step forward, she would bonk her head on a low-lying branch.

"OW..." She grumbled loudly as she held at her temple.

Okay, so, NOT a dream.

Kill me now...

...

...

This was certainly new territory for her. She had to figure out how to get out of here. And fast.

"Okay, I can just press my pin and-"

When the wolf tried to press her Force Captain pin, she realized very quickly that she didn't have it on.

...

WHAT.

WHAT?

Once she realized this, she tried patting down her whole shirt and even her pants. But nothing. She really didn't have it on her. Her ears drooped as it set in that she was lost.

She didn't have her boots on, though. It was a slight shock, considering how sensitive they can be at times, but it didn't seem to faze her at the moment.

...

"Okay, so let's think," she contemplated as she put her hand on her chin, putting herself in thought.