Untold History

...

...

"The cycle will continue. And you will be the root cause."

"You'll have no one to blame but yourself."

...

"Cycle..." Nova repeated, still trapped in the numerous vines that had surrounded her, trapping her body in a half-sat, half-standing sort of pose.

Her eyes still had no light in them, the signal digging deeper into her head. It was worming its way through her deepest insecurities, her faults.

Her failures.

...

...

It was showing her that she was capable of so much more. But not in the way that she'd hope. She didn't fight it, much less listen to it.

There were visions, visions that would start to flash by quickly as vines started to slither down from above and more towards her neck and jawline.

It all went by so fast, but it showed nothing but Nova, everything in a jet black color while she was outlined in white.

She was standing alone, in place as she watched the different visions shoot by with incredible speed.

...

"What you'll do is irreparable."

...

"In search for answers, you'll only find devastation."

...

...

"You will become your worst enemy."

"Erelandia was only the beginning."

"Do you see it..."

...

...

I don't...

"Do. You. See. It?"

...

The visions whizzed by, all in black and white as she saw a different world, a world full of tech and buildings, civilization bustling. She couldn't see the people, however, from where she was.

The next one was of some sort of large tower of sorts. It looked rather familiar to some of the beacons on Etheria, a rectangular prism-like body, and a pyramid-like top to it. Hovering at the tip of it was a diamond-shaped piece, light and pulses of electricity fluctuating.

However, the next one would show Nova in some sort of hallway with Catra, both of them floating and in these pressurized space suits. There didn't seem to be gravity there, which struck her as odd.

The vision after that was what started to snap her out of the trance.

...

As her head hung there in the vines, the creatures creeping ever closer, she started to move slightly. She lifted her head a bit, eyes widening slightly by what the vision was showing her.

In it, some sort of sandstorm could be seen, followed by something crashing down into the ground ahead of her.

The next vision still had the sandstorm, but instead, now she could see what looked to be the remains of a town that was close by. Rubble filled the area, concrete and rock smashed into pieces.

And she was so sure that she saw a glimpse of something... someone under it all.

...

The hand of a child poking out from under the rubble, a stuffed animal of a horse inches away from the fingertips.