Misconception

...

...

[Just a forewarning, there may be a bit of suggestive content in this chapter, but nothing crazy. This is more so of a filler ep... or is it? That, and we get to see Nova discover new INTENSE feelings, though the poor girl has no idea how to handle them... xD]

...

...

...

...

- Darla -

...

...

Nova was asleep in the captain's chair as the ship silently glided across the sky, doing so at a rather slow pace. From what it seemed like, they were hovering over Seaworthy, meaning they'd arrive at Bright Moon soon enough.

It was the middle of the night, so it was no surprise that everyone was already sleeping away, waiting for the imminent arrival.

Just as the ship would glide over the coast, Nova stirred a little. Her eyes fluttered open, greeted by the lack of light brought on by the distant stars.

Her gaze travelled downwards, feeling a weight on her lap and chest. Catra was leaning against her, asleep and tucked against Nova.

...

She kept her hands close to her chest, her knees tucked into herself. Nova sort of giggled, fawning tiredly over how cute the feline looked in this state. Despite the fact she was asleep, she already knew where she was, and she wasn't planning on going anywhere.

The idea that someone like Catra chose her was beyond her comprehension. It wasn't something that she understood but welcomed it regardless, all while feeling the same exact way.

Maybe Catra was thinking the same, wondering how she'd be worthy of such affection and devotion. But neither of them brought it into question.

...

...

Her hand gently rubbed at the back of Catra's head, gently scratching through the tufts. She watched as the ship continued its journey through Etheria and towards Bright Moon.

The ease in which it would drift on through always made her wonder. Considering that most times they were on board, they either were always rocking about because of tech issues or had Prime going after them.

So smooth sailing was more so preferred in Nova's eyes. If she could, she'd relish in this moment for eternity.

Her heart relaxed as the surroundings stayed the same, watching as Catra snoozed in her arms.

...

Soft purrs came out of Catra as she curled into herself a little more, all while turning her head more towards Nova, her face just about in the crook of her neck.

Seeing that this was the case, Nova jumped, retracting her hand somewhat. Thankfully, she didn't have to worry, noticing that the feline was only readjusting herself.

The wolf would lean back in relief upon making such a deduction.

But despite the calming night, and the luminous stars, she couldn't seem to erase those images from her mind. The chaos and destruction, the death that was envisioned.

...

Truthfully, she wants to believe it was just a trick, a way for the island to slip into her head and make her give up.