chp. 0

— PROLOGUE

Money.

The assets everyone in the world looked up to. The people of the earth depended on money because it meant power, social position and happiness. It functions based off of the value within in the choice of the government's economic decisions. 

Park Jihye. She was soon to become an adult and receive her soulmate tattoo. The young girl paid no attention to the theme of soulmates and wasn't particularly fond of it. Although she did have sometime in her teenage years where she would feel the need of someone who genuinely cares and loves her. Jihye lived as if she had two souls in one body.

The female seemed like a regular teenager - studies as a senior in high school, lives with her family, hangs out with her friends from time to time. 

Hyeji. The same woman who has been discussed above. A member of the gang 'WAYV'; evidence of this would be the tattoo that is located on her right ankle with the label '威神V' which she covers by wearing ankle socks. This expresses her dedication and devotion towards the gang. The Park has joined this gang all because of money. Not only is Hyeji focused on money and the impact it has, but as well as her gang members who she met on the journey of illegal discoveries. 

Trained and in charge of hacking and long distancing shooting; there you have it, Park Hyeji. Known as one of the aces in the gang, as well as the only female.

Life in the mafia universe was all much the same for everyone - however, the richer you were the more dominant and influential your gang would be. By joining a gang, your are essentially putting your life in danger and exposing yourself to the cruel part of society. 

Lee Haechan, who would've known the school's greatest charming and alluring boy holds the most engaging back story? he lives a pretty similar life to Hyeji. Not only does he have an alias as well but he's apart of NCT; considered as South Korea's most prevailing gang. 

The male was born into a gang as his parents were former members of a mafia. Everything he does, he risks. His whole life is a hazard but full of thrill and adrenaline. 

Lee Donghyuck, the real name behind his alias. Except for his closest friends and family, no one at school or in the mafia world would know his birth name.

Soulmates. What is the real definition of a soulmate?

A person who is perfectly suited to another. Soulmate relationships bloom into forever, the love is everlasting. 

The words of enmity against each other show a lot but the soulmate effect says otherwise.

You are now reading DARL+ING. Original works by @haeology_

a/n: i redid this prologue like 6 times im not even lying 😭 this bithc is so unorganised like what am i even doing with my life

a/n: i redid this prologue like 6 times im not even lying 😭 this bithc is so unorganised like what am i even doing with my life. BUT ANYWAYS to anyone who is reading this (ily) i hope ur excited for this book just as much as i am <33 ok bye bye stay safe luvs