chp. 27

THINK

"You can tell me today was tough." HUG, SEVENTEEN

"You smell like you drank

"You smell like you drank. Where did you go?"

Donghyuck wanted to smile at his members concern and how he was the first one to approach.

Obviously, he didn't want to just answer him and move on as if he didn't make a huge mistake. So, he had to make sure to be considerate of his words.

"I went out for a mission with WayV." The younger Lee informed.

Minhyung simply nodded with his head down and his hair towel rested around his neck. As he slowly walked away from the bathroom, Donghyuck said something.

"Im sorry, Mark." He apologised, holding eye contact with the mentioned man.

The tension was tensing. It was nearly 1 am and the two were still awake.

The older Lee seemed like he needed some time to think. He contemplated, "It's okay. It was my fault." His head was still hanging down, facing towards the floor as he didn't want to make eye contact.

"No, it was my fault. I'm sorry for not minding my business-"

"Boys, go to sleep. You're going to wake up those who have a mission early in the morning." Taeyong interrupted their conversation, with sleepy eyes and messed up hair.

The two apologised before Mark headed back to his room and Donghyuck went to take a shower, unable to complete his sentence.

The youngest Lee was left thoughtless, he didn't know what to do and he didn't know to say.

Usually situations like this with anyone else wouldn't affect him that much, but knowing it was his lifetime best friend, he felt wrong. 

It was early, early in the morning and the members of WayV were only still cleaning up from their mission. Jihye quickly packed up and headed back 'home', the place that she only visited for her bed. It was the weekend and she realised it has been a long time since she slept in the comforts of the bed. 

The blonde girl arrived home, unlocking the door through her key. However, once she opened the wooden front door, she was greeted with booming yells.

"Park Jihye! Who do you think you are to be out this late!" The mother screamed, her voice cracking as she stared to her daughter with stern eyes and a stern tone.

Jihye had usually arrived home this late, especially when she has a mission. But today, her parents seemed to be home, which was rare.

The Park was used to this type of voice ringing in her ears, but she still had to reply.

"Out." She stated dryly with her back pack thrown over her shoulders as she headed towards the stairs.

Her trail up to her bedroom was interrupted as the blonde female felt a strong grip onto the back of her hair. 

Jihye inhaled as instinct, turning around and not reacting - refusing to feed into her mother's anger.

Her mother was still tightly gripping onto the blonde strands of her hair, her whole face displayed that she was furious - red hues filling it up.

"Don't talk to me like that Miss, answer me!"

"I was out." Jihye responded with a blank stare on her face, with one foot up a step and the other still on the ground.

"Just because your father and I come back late. Does not give you the opportunity to stay out late. It is dangerous. But if you want to do that, fine! I will no longer care about you, I will not care if you get kidnapped! Do you want to die?" She screamed even louder, the mentioned female was tired of this lecture.

Her eyes empty and her position rested, she didn't say anything. 

In her mind, she wanted to kick her in the private part, punch her in the face and hold her by the neck - But, that was her mother, not a target.

"Answer me!" A large and red hand mark was printed onto the Park's face, making her slightly open her mouth in shock.

She never thought that her own mother would ever physically hurt her, ever. She must have been really mad in that moment to let her actions go instead her mind. Jihye slowly raised her right hand towards her face, feeling the warmth from the pressure.

Jihye wasn't the type to cry when she was mad or when she was sad, but in that moment - she just needed to bawl out her eyes in the wrinkles of her pillow.

a/n: WE REACHED 1K READS AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH 💗💗💗💗💗 IT MIGHT NOT SOUND LIKE A LOT BUT AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA. i will forever cherish this moment