chp. 45

SAVE ME

Using all his strength, he tried to pull the robotic grasp of his soulmate but it was too strong

Using all his strength, he tried to pull the robotic grasp of his soulmate but it was too strong. He used all kinds of methods but they didn't seem to work. He started to notice how Hyeji's skin turned pale, her lips transforming into a shade of light purple right before her head drooped.

"Hyeji! Hyeji!" He screamed aloud, punching the robot with all his might. "Everyone. Building. Now!" Haechan yelled into his ear piece. He felt the blood of his soulmate stick onto his own gloves as he pulled the metal arm.

Almost immediately, the whole gang ran towards the said destination - shocked at what they saw.

While they all gathered to pull the robot together, it began spitting out weird sounds. "Don't pull. Don't pull. Don't pull. Don't pull. Kill. Kill. Kill. Kill."

The whole gang tried to save the unconscious female, she was weak and definitely not awake enough to save herself. The Lee was absolutely furious, it hurt him to see what he saw. 

"Haechan!" Jaemin yelled, dangling a key in his hand. "We found this in Kim Junho's pocket. Does it work with the power outlet." His tone was full of stress and breathlessness, sweating as he ran.

Taeil and Chenle were trying to prevent any more blood that squeezed out of the female's arm. The Moon was able to distinguish extreme low blood pressure by the sight of her senseless figure.

Snatching the golden key out of his hand, Haechan searched the whole body skinned with metal in hopes of finding the power source. 

A sense of relief fell over him when he found a miniature cut-out door at the back of the foot. He slid the key in and turned it, unlocking the confusing systems that hid behind it. His finger found a switch - after scanning it for a few seconds, narrowing his eyes to the systematic insides of this robotic creature. 

Hastily, he switched the button and it started to die down.

The lights turned off, it stopped making weird songs and lastly, dropped Hyeji's unconscious body. 

Before her clothed figure reached the ground, Haechan caught her with his arms but was introduced to floods of blood that leaked from her scratched skin which made Taeil quickly wrap a towel around her arms.

The Lee breathed heavily against her body, holding her tightly in his embrace. 

"Haechan, take her to car 3!" Taeyong ordered after coming in with Kim Junho's dead body. 

Jisung watched as Doyoung measured his sister's blood pressure with the sphygmomonometer, it was much stable than before, in the van. 

He then drifted his eyes over to his member that sat next to Hyeji - his eyelids were on the verge of closing but he resisted. 

"Hyung, you can go shower. I'll watch after her." The male Park insisted. He was absolutely devastated to find that his sister was severely injured from a mission, what even hurt her that badly?

Haechan shook his head, mumbling a small 'It's fine' from his drying lips. He had a few bruises plastered over his body and he was still in his mission clothes. He held the hand of his soulmate tightly as he raked his eyes over her weak figure. She was pale with many medical accessories attached to her body as she laid in the hospital bed of the NCT base. 

Wasn't it such a coincidence, she was in the same hospital bed as her soulmate when he got injured?

Doyoung rested his hand over the female Park's forehead, an exceedingly cold feeling against his palms as he monitored her health status. He then turned over to the two males, "You guys can go off now, she'll be fine right now but I'll come check back on her after I clean up."

Jisung bowed politely as his older member before he took one look back at his sister and left the medical room. Doyoung left shortly after. 

Haechan stayed there, caressing Hyeji's purple-ish hands as he inhaled and exhaled slowly. 

Over an hour passed. It was around 4am.

"Hyuck, what are you still doing here?" The Kim questioned as he wrapped a stethoscope around his neck but then his voice slowly silenced as he recognised that the Lee was asleep.

He rested his head on the hospital bed, beside Hyeji's body. His eyelids were completely shut. 

"What lovely soulmates you two are." Doyoung murmured under his breath as he prepared for some medical injections to assist the patient in her heavy blood loss. 

Lets pray on Jihye's awakening