chp. 46

SICK

"Hyeji is gradually stabilising but I am not sure when she will wake up due to the blood loss

"Hyeji is gradually stabilising but I am not sure when she will wake up due to the blood loss." Doyoung announced to the two teams as Taeyong sighed and nodded his head.

"While we wait for her, let's figure out what that thing was." The Lee requested, flipping a page in his notebook as raked his orbs across his writing. However, no one between the gangs could think of whatever that thing was, is this some sort of movie?

Then, Jaehyun pulled up a picture of the 'so-called robot' onto the projector screen, it was a foggy image that had been a bit blurred due to the darkness. 

"It looks like a robot, made for killing. It is shaped like a robot with metal skin and a hidden power outlet that shuts off immediately when turned off. It also had spikes on his arms - which was the main reason to Hyeji's injury. It also had a tight strength in which many members couldn't pull the arms off of her." Hendery explained, pointing to parts of the image whenever he mentioned it. "This thing is very dangerous. But, I don't think it had any auditory artificial intelligence or other features other than the health risks it can cause."

All the members nodded to signal to Hendery that they were listening - but, there was one male who fidgeted with his fingers harmfully under the table, he felt sorrowful that he wasn't able to save his soulmate in time. He believed it was all his fault.

"Kim Junho must have spent his time away trying to develop the robot. Probably using a lot of money as well." Jaehyun added.

"The good thing is that Kim Junho is dead. Let's all pray for Hyeji's recovery as we investigate Kim Junho's innovation of some sort." The eldest Lee concluded, dismissing all the members in the NCT base.

Most of the WayV members had returned back to their own base last night, except for the other few that stayed with Hyeji. 

Was Kim Junho that easy to kill? 

In less than two hours, the two conjoined gangs were able to murder the leader of their opposing gang - was he that weak? 

Donghyuck walked over to the medical room of his base, his head hung low and his eyes drifting over his feet that pattered against the floor. Any of his members could recognise that he was not feeling well, his soulmate getting severely injured must have a heavy impact on him.

As he scanned his ID at the door and headed towards the only occupied hospital bed, he took a seat next to the Park.

Her arms were wrapped with bandages and a bag of special fluid was hung on top of the pole beside her, connecting it to her body through a flexible tube. Her eyes were closed, highlighting her long eyelashes that complemented her skin. Her plump lips were on the verge of chapping.

"Watching you like this really hurts. Is it the soulmate thing or am I just down bad?" The Lee chuckled dryly, putting the patients' hands into his own. "Wake up soon. I miss you."

"Jisung! Do you know where your sister is? Your mum and I just came home." The male Park's father greeted through the phone.

"Hey dad. I'm pretty sure she's just hanging out with her friends- at the library." Jisung replied, his voice tensing at the mention of his injured sibling.

"Well, tell her to come home soon. She isn't answering mine or your mum's phone." 

"Oh, yeah sure. Uh-"

"Okay, thanks. Make sure to eat well, bye!" And the other line hung up the phone. He placed his phone onto his desk and left his room. 

As he walked to the medical room to check on his sister, he noticed that there was already another person engaging with her. Identifying that they seemed to be having a close time together, he decided to pass by and leave the two alone.

He was glad to have Donghyuck as his teammate and his sister's soulmate. Jisung lacked a lot of skills in communication and comfort when relating to Jihye, at least they were still able to maintain their sibling relationship. His gang member is like a replacement for those holes, someone who he can trust in treating his sister well.

Obviously, Donghyuck wasn't the person to be obsessed or curious over their soulmate - he knew that. He may deny it, but deep inside, he wanted to keep his parents promise and allow the soulmate effect to take over him. 

Im sorry that the robot thing is kind of hard to imagine but think of it as like a literal robot in larger size like literally a metal robot like this 🤖🦾🦿