chp. 11

MY BROTHER, MY SISTER

After the female Park heard the talking stop, she began listening carefully, to hear if her brother was coming up the stairs

She was thinking about what to say, it was obvious that Jisung is going to get mad at her. Jihye wasn't the type to hold a grudge but maybe her brother would.

Confessing anything isn't that hard, but confessing to your sibling that you're in a gang felt uncomfortable. There was a lot to explain - for the each of them.

Jihye's face was still squished into the comfort of her white bed sheets, her thoughts got pauses by a knock on the door.

"You okay?" A youthful male voice questioned.

Instantly, Jihye turned her body around and faced her blood-brother. "I'm sorry." She apologised.

"What are you apologising for?"

"For not telling you."

"It's not your fault. Then, I should apologise too."

The two siblings smiled at each other, knowing that they both weren't at fault and accepted eachother. 

"Now explain, little boy." The older female invited her brother to sit on her bed, signalling by patting the spot beside her.

"Hey explain your name change first!"

"Have you told your members?" Jihye asked before taking a bite of the ice cream.

The siblings had made up, as if the sibling bond connected them. They then went to the nearby  convenience store and bought themselves many snacks while sitting on tall chairs, facing the window that displayed the nightly vibes.

"I haven't told anyone, but it's on my profile." Jisung replied, then scrunching his nose from the coldness of the icecream. "You?"

"No one knows, but I don't think they would care unless I mention it's you." She joked with a playful scoff as a response.

An enjoyable aura filled their surroundings, the two looking straight towards the reflection of themselves that was hidden between the outside buildings. The night lights were on and many pedestrians were passing by. 

Comfortable silence loomed over them. 

"Jihye, remember that one time-"

"Jisung?"

A male voice from behind made the siblings turn around.

"Hyuck- Haechan!" The younger Park greeted.

Jihye fell into eye contact with the mentioned male, the man who was earlier in a hospital bed. She then turned to her brother, remembering how he hasn't told his members yet.

The Lee was confused but it wasn't any of his business. However, he was taken aback when his member used the name 'Jihye'. "You have icecream on your lips." He stated, referring to Jihye and then handed a tissue from his pocket.

"Oh shit, that's embarrassing." She muttered while quickly wiping it off. "Thanks."

As this happened, Jisung recalled how the two of them had each others initials. Even if the possibility was low, he couldn't help but assume that they were soulmates. 

"Well, Haechan. This is my sister." He calmly introduced. "Park Jihye-" He finished his sentence, soon realising that he had just exposed the real name of a gang member.

The mentioned female instinctively nudged her brother, glaring at him. "That's the stupidest mistake you could make, Jisung." She scolded. "Don't tell any-"

"I won't."

"Geez, I didn't even finish my sentence. Can I even trust you? What's your real name?"

Haechan simply stared at her. "Geez, so many questions. I'm your brother's member." He shrugged. "And my real name is Lee Haechan."

Just as their small conversation ended, Haechan bid Jisung goodbye and walked out the store.

"I don't like that guy." Jihye opinionated, her eyes never leaving the disrupting male until he exited.

Donghyuck returned back to the base with a bag of snacks and instant meals in his hands.

"Chenle! Why'd did you let Hyuck go out! I told you to take care of him!" Kim Doyoung scolded the young Chinese man before pushing Donghyuck back to the medical room.

As Donghyuck sat back onto the hospital bed, his friend, Chenle, fed him a few chips and candies while eating with him. 

"I'm gonna sleep now, get out." The Lee demanded Chenle. Chenle responded with a small hum and then turned off the lights before leaving.

Donghyuck wasn't actually going to sleep. He just needed some time to think.

"Jihye... Park Jihye... P-J-H..." The similar names repeated in his mind. "What are you thinking about, you hate soulmates!" He slapped himself internally. 

"Dad! Why do you love Mom?" Young Donghyuck questioned his father, while shoving a car toy into his face.

"Because she's my soulmate. And because she's everything you could dream of." His father responded as he carried Donghyuck and placed him on his lap.

"What happens if you don't love your soulmate?"

"You can't! You are bound to love your soulmate. It's impossible for it to not happen. Promise Dad that you are going to love you soulmate as much as I love Mom!" He answered before putting his pinky finger towards his son.

"Of course! I'm going to love my soulmate very very very much!" The young Lee repeated with a large smile on his face, hooking his pinky finger with his father.

"And your soulmate will love you as much as Mom loves me!" He giggled to his father's statement.

"Honey! Hyuck! What are you two doing, it's dinner time!" Donghyuck's mother interrupted, entering the playroom with her apron. 

"Mom! I'm gonna love my soulmate as much as Dad and Mom love each other!" The youngest one cheered while running towards the kitchen with his miniature feet.

a/n: how yall like that flashback wink, todays music recco is idubily by svt performance team its so good ON REPEAT