chp. 37

FALL OR FELL

"What does your father know about Kim Junho?"

"Does it look like I fucking know! My father just died, and you're seriously asking this? Are you okay?" Hana screamed, tears again spilling from her eyes and her face turning redder by the second.

"I know you know something." The Lee stated, his expression and position relaxed.

"Lee Haechan. I don't know who you are but I don't know anything about Kim Junho." She stomped out the room, her white top underneath her sparkly blouse began pooling with salty tears.

"You don't truly love your father do you?" The Jang halted in her steps, inhaling with a sense of anger in the way she turned her body around. 

"When has he ever treat you like a real daughter? He only wants you because you're his only daughter, no son to take over the company. You just want him for money and popularity. Don't lie, I know you know who Kim Junho is. If you hide it any longer, you wont get any mercy." Haechan spat, clear suspicion in his tone.

"Mind your own fucking business. Park Jihye's soulmate."

The male Lee explained to his members about what occurred the night before. He was asked by his leader to gaslight Hana into revealing the truths about the leader of Acid, but his plan failed as she was too into her grief then. 

"Should we attend his funeral? I would like to ask for your opinions." Taeyong inquired, closing the laptop on the centre of the lengthy table. 

"If we do, we might be able to find Kim Junho's whereabouts." Yuta, a Japanese member advised, putting his hands onto the table as he made eye contact with his leader. 

"Isn't that too harsh if Jang Hana sees Haechan at the funeral?" Jisung questioned.

"Then, a few of us but Haechan will go. We can be disguised as Jang Baekhyun's workers or something." Taeil requested. Taeyong nodded at their ideas, taking notes of it in his mind. 

Jihye sat at Xiaojun's desk. He had given her permission to view profiles and other information that she was apprehensive about. Typing into the black keyboard with many monitors across the wall, she searched for a specific name.

Her slim fingers with short nails, to avoid incidents while fighting or shooting, glided over the keyboard and mouse while she scrolled through profiles. 

Finding a specific document with a recognisable portrait next to the name, she clicked onto the file. 

Her eyes were fixed once she read the relations of this person.

"Kim Junseo is the younger brother of Kim Junho?" She mumbled under her breath, squinting her dark brown orbs to make sure she was reading it correctly.

"Whose related to who?" Xiaojun peeking from behind suddenly asked, leaning his arms on the top of the rolling chair. 

"This guy from my school and Kim Junho."

"The leader of Acid?" He questioned, recognising the familiar name.

"Kids! Let's go eat out today!" Ten yelled from the bottom floor, they instantly jolted up from their seats and ran down the stairs like children chasing for snacks.

The seven of them hopped into the large car, Yangyang, who sat in the front passenger seat, turned on the radio as they all jammed to the tunes that were playing behind their singing voices. The gang had decided to go out for a team dinner, after they successfully accomplished their assassination mission and received their prize money.

"What are we eating?" Sicheng from the very back, next to Jihye, asked. 

"We're going to a buffet." Kun answered, turning the steering wheel to the direction of the destination.

"Seriously. The one day we are going to somewhere fancy, I'm wearing a shit outfit." The female Park deadpanned, implying about her casual dark blue washed jeans and a black graphic hoodie.

The members laughed as they all looked to their own fits - none of them fitted the buffet uniform code of the restaurant.

Nonetheless, the reached the dining area and all entered into the grand place like a family. The sun had started to set and the lights of the restaurant began to light up, circling the modern and popular place. The server, dressed in white attire, lead them to their seats, right in front of the view of the sunset.

"Let's go watch the sunset." Jihye gently grabbed him by the wrist and pulled him up, unwillingly, taking him outside the station.

Bursts of red and yellow, behind the clouds filled the sky. The sun was slowly dropping behind the horizon. The wonderful rays beamed into their eyes as they leaned on the railing of the bridge near the station.

Comfortable silence fell upon them as they simply enjoyed the sunset.

It was all tranquil and harmonious, the two were just quietly leaning over the steel hand rails that were warm at the sight of the sun.

The Park turned over to Donghyuck to see what he was doing but instead, she fell for his visuals. She got lost in the desirable and charming side profile of his. The way his natural black hair fell over his eyes lightly and how his lips were rested.

The distinct moles on his face shined under the glare of the sun as it fell down.

Weirdly enough, every time Jihye watched the sun set, it always reminded her of one particular man - her soulmate. 

He was like the definition of her sun. The Park would have never been thinking about this, but the soulmate effect was definitely getting to her. Even her first soulmate moment occurred recently, surprising herself.

A NEW INTRODUCTION OF MY NEW BOOK OUT NOWWWWWWWWWWWWW i will greatly appreciated if u go check it out pls 🥹 THANK U ALL AND ILY