chp. 51

YEARLY FESTIVAL

Friday.

"When I was walking out the school, everyone was talking about it. I'm not even joking." Haewon exaggerated, inviting the female into her bedroom.

Jihye threw her bag onto the wooden flooring, flopping her body onto the comfortable bed that sunk her figure due to the density of the mattress. Her face flipped onto the sheets as she could hear her best friend unpacking.

"I wonder what everyone is going to where. Should I go full out or just something simple?"

"Just something simple. I'm sure no one is going to dress up that much." The Park replied, lifting herself from the position as she pushed herself up.

Haewon slid open her closet, revealing the miscellaneous pieces of tops, pants and dresses that were hung in the wardrobe. Her fingers glided over the fabrics until she halted at one. Pulling it out, she put it out in front of her with a smile on her face.

"Here. You should wear this." It was a white long sleeve off-shoulder top that reached her hips. The Kang handed it over to Jihye and laid it over her body.

Returning back to the closet, she scrolled through her pants and found a matching pair. It was some washed blue jeans with a pattern design at the bottom. Jihye took the outfit into her own hands as she began changing while her best friend continued to look for her own fit.

The white top and blue jeans complemented the Park's figure, the length of the shirt made her look taller. She decided to let her blonde hair free, curling her side bangs with a hair roller she found in Haewon's room.

Haewon pulled out a white tank top and a dark blue cropped cardigan to layer over it. She also planned to wear a short gray skirt that she hadn't wore for a while.

Her outfit also fitted her perfectly, making the best friends seem like an excellent pair.

"We look great." Jihye smiled, spinning herself while looking towards the reflection of herself in the mirror. Haewon instantly agreed, styling some bits of her black hair with the straightener.

After an hour of getting ready, Haewon's mother prepared some dinner for them before they would leave for the festival.

They ate together at the coffee table, Haewon's parents complimenting their outfits and style. Once they completed eating the dinner, they exited the house and hopped into Jihye's car.

"I'm scared. I shouldn't be scared. I'm scared." The Kang shivered, locking in the seatbelt tightly as the passenger in the front seat.

"Are you as scared as you are of Kim Junseo?" The Park questioned, receiving an impish punch from the passenger beside her.

Jihye let out an evil laugh playfully, preparing the gears skilfully before driving off. While in the car, they swayed moved their bodies to the radio while singing their hearts out.

"I'm already losing my voice before the festival." Haewon joked, receiving a laughter out of her best friend's mouth.

Once they arrived back at the school, the sun was already starting to set and they could hear the booming music all the way from the car park. The school grounds were already getting packed with students dressed in different clothes, separating into their own friend groups. Jihye and Haewon walked with their arms interlocked into the school, passing by many others who were excited for the festival.

To be honest, Jihye wasn't that excited. She was only excited to see her soulmate perform - But, that would be the closing performance at the end.

The festival was held at the school's hall, it was large and could be used for a variety of purposes like basketball. There was a large banner hung at the top of the stage, highlighting the school's yearly festival. The lights were off, hiding everyone at the crowd as more people began to push in. It was pretty loud, and pretty squishy - too tight for Jihye's liking.

As they reached the front of the crowd, a group of female students got up on stage, preparing their position with head lights following their bodies. They were performing a K-pop song.

When the music began playing, introducing them to a bright and cheerful tune, everyone at the school began screaming, singing along with them.

Haewon was jumping and yelling, holding her hand as she signalled for her to do the same.

Soon, the performance ended and the principal of the school entered the stage.

"Good evening everyone! It is such a pleasure to be commemorating the festival this year." The male principal greeted and the crowd grew silent. "We have many performances and shows prepared - I hope you are all excited. Thank you for coming and let's have fun!"

He left the stage through the door on the side and a solo male student came on stage with an acoustic guitar.

He sat on a chair and adjusted the microphone, coughing lightly as a test. Once the music cued, all the students cheered. It was a slow and emotional song, contrasting to the one before.

Everyone, including Jihye and Haewon swayed their hands side to side in the air. A few of them turning on the flash light of their phone, just like a celebrity concert. The voice of the male student must have really made the crowd in their feels, singing along.

 IM SO SAD THIS IS LIKE SECOND LAST CHAPTER 😭😭😭 also sorry for always skipping to fridays istg its like a tradition