chp. 33

BENEFICIAL

"Father, I think I found the love of my life

"Father, I think I found the love of my life." The daughter confessed, circling her father's office desk and roaming around the golden elements in the royally-aesthetic room.

"Who is it, sweetie?" 

"Lee Haechan. The one from the party." Hana declared, hearts popping up in her eyes as she thought about the mentioned man. "He was so good looking- Plus, he works at UP Corporation." She admired, twirling around in her fitting floral dress.

"He was indeed a handsome man." Jang Baekhyun chuckled, reminiscing back to the event where he knew his daughter had a lovely time, "Why don't I meet him personally?"

The female Jang beamed at his message, her pearly white teeth revealing itself from her plump, pink lips.  She was heading back to her own 'office', but as she opened the door, she met eyes with an important figure.

"My apologies." He bowed. "Sir, I have gotten the team to set up the funeral for your former secretary." The lead director informed, reminding the CEO of the disastrous scene that occurred on the same day of the Hotel's birthday party.

Baekhyun deeply sighed before nodding as a signal that he understood. 

A young man who looked like he was in his early-thirties ran down the emergency stairs of the Hotel, his heart beating faster and faster at every step he took.

He halted as his steps, hearing the sound of the fiddling knife pause. He breathed heavily, fixing his suit to prepare for the worst. 

Just like an eerie horror movie, the steps started to get louder and louder. It didn't sound like a normal person heading down the stairs, instead, it felt like something was going to catch him - an armed clown. 

The man's breath was shaking even more rapid than before, he wanted to continue going down the stairs but if the 'other person' knew that he was still there, he would have been dead.

He squeezed his eyes closed, feeling the steps grow louder and the sound of a fidgeting weapon squeak in his ears. The man was glued to the corner between the walls, confining himself into no hidden place. A new pair of breaths fanned his wrinkled face, making him jolt his eyes open.

He wanted to scream, he locked eye contact with a random man wearing a hat. He had Chinese features plastered on his face. His eyes wide, revealing the large white spaces. 

"Spare me! Spare me." The man yelled then whispered, not wanting to create a ruckus which may motivate the other mysterious mans urge to kill.

"What do you know about Jang Baekhyun?"

Hana strolled back to her own office that she only used for every other purpose - other than working. She picked up her phone from the bean bag that was settled on the ground, finding a familiar contact on her mobile. 

haechan <3

Hana
haechannnnn
i know this may seem like a weird question but
do you wanna meet my father?
as in having a dinner
i think it'll be nice to talk to each other and get closer 😚

haechan <3
of course
send me the details

Hana
WONDERFULLLLLLL
omg im so excited

The Lee stared at his screen, maintaining a non-chalant expression on his face. It was as if he had everything he needed to do for the mission, done for him. 

He was supposed to be the one asking to meet the female's father, but she took the chance - which was lucky for Donghyuck.

He quickly called up Kun, the leader of the other gang, informing him about the new news and invitation. Their plan was already set before hand, they just needed the date, time and place. Setting his phone down onto the coffee table that separated him from the couch to the TV, he began watching a random show.

Hearing the footsteps of another member behind him, he glanced over a found a recogniseable figure standing near the kitchen. 

Even after they both apologised, the tension between them was still awkward - they haven't talked since.

It wasn't that they both decided to fully ignore each other, it was the fact that they didn't have the right timing to do so, confusing the two.

However, Donghyuck's mind couldn't leave the components of the letter that he found. Bewilderment and concern bubbled in his body, leaving many of his questions unanswered.

As it was just the two between the living room and the kitchen, one of the them spoke up. "Uh, Hyuck. What do you want to eat? I'm planning to just order." He inquired, making the mentioned male whip his head undeniably fast to the direction of the voice.

"Oh, it's fine. I'll just eat whatever you eat." The male responded, making sure to think before saying. 

a/n: hana throws me off