chp. 43

DUSK

"When we shine bright, I'm alive" FROM HOME, NCT U

Donghyuck had a random urge to go to the beach.

The setting of the beach always reminded him of his parents, a small trip that they would always take him on for a break. Imagining holding hands with his parents on each side, running through the breeze as their feet hit the grainy sand.

It was the only place where he could truly relax himself of all his worries and stress.

"Hyuck-ah! Catch me!" The young male's father yelled, preparing to run across the deserted beach.

The said boy started giggling, having a motive to catch his father into his small arms. Almost immediately, he ran his small feet, trailing the older male's footsteps, his eyes creasing while laughing a loud.

The father turned back around, sticking his tongue out to tease his son - even if they were only a few metres apart.

The mother, wife, watched as they had fun. Their silhouette of their moving figures painted across the sunset, the highlighted horizon in strong hues of orange and yellow. She sat comfortably on the small towel that was laid over the sand, sunglasses slipped over her head. 

One hand on the wheel, his lonesome figure sitting on the drivers seat as he controlled the vehicle dominantly with his hands and foot.

After reaching his destination, he pulled out a small beach towel from the back of his car, slipping on a pair of sandals and walking towards the main part.

The sun was about to set, not that many other people other than families gradually packing up. It was a beach more on the outer side of Seoul, closed off to the rocky hills and sand. The Lee flicked up the towel, allowing it to slowly fall against the ground.

He inhaled the warm air, the sound of the waves throbbing as he rested on the towel. He leaned his body over his two arms that supported him from the back, in a position where he bent his knees upwards.

Donghyuck tilted his head to the side, relaxing it on his shoulders as he observed the reminiscing view. He enjoyed as the wind blowed across his bare skin, feeling a sense of freedom and escapism in the current moment.

Suddenly, another figure placed their towel next to his, taking a seat beside his lonesome body.

The Lee turned his head slowly, making eye contact with his soulmate.

"What are you doing here?" She joked, instinctively putting her in the same position as the other.

Donghyuck smiled at the sight of her, "I just thought of coming here. It feels nice, doesn't it?"

Jihye, dressed in a cropped red top and black pants, "It does. My grandmother used to take Jisung and I here every week- on the weekends."

The male turned back to facing the waves. "My parents used to bring me here too. It was so fun chasing my dad as the sun set." He recollected, his heart happy at the thought.

"That's such a coincidence. Fate, isn't it?" She nudged her soulmate's shoulder gently, not knowing a smile was etching onto her face as her blonde hair flew with the breeze.

"It is." Donghyuck paused for speaking again. "You know... I always promised my dad that I would treat my soulmate the same way that he treated my mom." This somewhat made the Park's heart flutter, he was talking about her. "Now that I've met you, I want to do everything that my dad did with my mom."

Jihye giggled lightly, amused at his goal. "Before I was born, my grandfather always brought my grandmother to this exact beach. Jisung and I wondered why it was the same beach every week, but now that I know her soulmate showed her this place, it feels adorable."

"Do you not have a good relationship with your parents?"

The Park acted like she had to think a bit, the question made her ponder about her whole existence - the way she grew up and the things she does now.

"It's not like I have a bad relationship with them- It's just that- It doesn't feel like they're my parents. That's why my grandmother always made sure to take care of me especially since they favourited Jisung. What about you?"

"I had a wonderful relationship with my parents when I was younger. But, they were murdered while I was still young. I guess that was the reason behind all this gang shit." He chuckled even though it hurt him deeply inside.

Jihye's smile dropped, having great sympathy for his back ground. "The sunset is beautiful."

It was indeed. As the sun set, it reminded the two of the time that they were at the beach with their separate families - as well as the moment when they were at the station together, leaning on the railings while watching the sun set.

They spent half and hour enjoying the view, laughing with each other as they played with the sand and messing around as adults.

"I should go now. See you." Jihye bid her goodbye, getting up from the ground and folding the towel that she sat on.

As she turned around to leave, someone gripped her wrist.

"Wait. Let me just-" Before he continued to speak, he leaned in towards her lowered face, pecking her lips as he caressed her warm cheek.

Jihye didn't know how to react in that moment, body still as she accidentally dropped the towel in her hands.

Donghyuck grinned, kneeling down to pick up the object she dropped. "Bye."

HEHAHHEHAHEHHAHEHEH I LOVE THIS CHAPTER SM HELP ME also i think it's fate for my to stan svt bc if u have seen their new gose ep god of light music and mingyu made a lyric abt like elementary school park jihye or smth for the kung chi pak chi part...

HEHAHHEHAHEHHAHEHEH I LOVE THIS CHAPTER SM HELP ME also i think it's fate for my to stan svt bc if u have seen their new gose ep god of light music and mingyu made a lyric abt like elementary school park jihye or smth for the kung chi pak chi part THATS LITERALLY THE NAME OF MY CHARACTER EXACTLY. i have no one to flex it to bc i'm not gonna go to my friends and be like "my character from my wattpad book has the same name as seventeens lyric" SO I SHALL FLEX IT TO U ALL